Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was rear ended May 27th and now I need a new bumper for my 2017 4x4 Canyon Denali lb ! My truck is Red Quartz Tint coat I love the way it looks but I'm open to suggestions on other bumpers . I don't off road much just dirt roads and beaches . I tow a 4500 lb TT to off road sites and rv parks as I'm an old Fart !! and the old bones don't like to be bounced around much ! So show me your bumpers so I can let the body shop know if I can get another style bumper if All State will let me !!
Thanks !

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Let's not duplicate efforts. There's a ton of bumpers in this thread.

·
Registered
2003 Chevy S-10 ZR2
109 Posts
I did not see AEV bumpers on the list, but then again, I could be wrong. I am partial to AEV products, as they are made with full license by GM and actually modify Colorados for GM.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I did not see AEV bumpers on the list, but then again, I could be wrong. I am partial to AEV products, as they are made with full license by GM and actually modify Colorados for GM.
Im sure someone mentioned the AEV bumpers somewhere in that thread. 🤷🏻‍♂️ If not, go add it and keep that thread alive!

Either way, lots to look at over there. And OP, keep in mind that a number of aftermarket bumpers are for maximizing clearance, which removes the hitch and employs a "hidden hitch" behind the license plate. Hidden hitches do not have a weight rating, but generally speaking, not many folks have issues towing with it.

And, lead times are generally in the 2-6 month range.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know what bumpers fit my truck and have done the forum search !! I was hoping someone may have a suggestion for other bumpers that would look good on my truck . Thanks for the replies anyway !!

·
Registered
543 Posts
I know what bumpers fit my truck and have done the forum search !! I was hoping someone may have a suggestion for other bumpers that would look good on my truck . Thanks for the replies anyway !!
Where are you located? I have a pulled OEM from my 2017 Canyon sitting in the corner of my shop! Either recycle or donate to someone who needs it!

PM me if interested...

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where are you located? I have a pulled OEM from my 2017 Canyon sitting in the corner of my shop! Either recycle or donate to someone who needs it!

PM me if interested...
I'm in Clearwater Fl but the insurance company may not let me supply the bumper !! If they will I'll get back to you !!
Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Black \/6 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box
1,117 Posts
Take the $$, then buy your bumper. Ask the shop how much to just fix whatever paint damage you need fixed otherwise cash deal them to you. Then You can figure out what you want to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts