Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
Your pics don't tell me much. Give me a good description. I assume it is crew cab, short or long bed? Z71 or LT? 2 or 4 WD?

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
First off, Welcome aboard.
If that is 2WD, then no. The 2018 dealer inventory is just starting to hit the lots, so be patient.

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
Extended cab or crew?
Can you get a diesel extended cab?

Price sounds ridiculous to me. But a quick check on the local dealers suggests it isn't too far out of line. I just priced a 2018 Z71 with the V6, with the few options I would order (leather seats, tow package, brake controller, spray in bedliner) and I was just under $39K. Toss in a $4k diesel, and you are pushing $43K.

I'd expect at least a 10% discount off the price during dealing, but not sure you will get that in Socal. They probably have a special tax on trucks in California, rated right up there with guns.

Reactions: Loren Smith

·
Registered
244 Posts
My zr2 is a diesel and extended cab

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
My zr2 is a diesel and extended cab
Z71 was not supposed to be available in that configuration, but ZR2 was. Obviously, they know how to build a diesel Extended Cab, just don't want to do it.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Considering how rare it is for this configuration (long bed, blue and diesel) I doubt there is much room for negotiation?
Don't look at it as being rare, but as an emotional want. They will key in on that and try to bleed you. Negotiate like you could care less, and be able to walk away when things aren't going your way. I was able to beat supplier pricing with that mindset.

·
Registered
2018 GMC Canyon All Terrain LB
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks, the current discount is a "purchase this month' $2,500 off. Most of the Chevy discounts are $1,500 off. BTW, does anyone know when the wireless charging is included in the truck, what package?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I find it soo hard to get a diesel in the blue with the features I want. I found this one out of all of Socal. Do you guys think it is a good price?
Thanks

My 2018 is similar to yours except it's a short box with no wheel locks, cargo lamps or illuminated Bowtie emblem, however it does have the block heater option and a sprayed in bedliner. It came in just under $35K.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you don't want to negotiate, use a site like truecar, build the truck, it will contact 3 dealers and they will respond with quotes. At that point you can take that price to the dealer with the blue truck and ask them to beat it, if they can they probably will. Keep in mind dealers will include all incentives in that price.

Now this won't be the best price you can get but if you don't like negotiating then it gets you a some sort of deal.

Matt

·
Registered
2 Posts
$2,500 off would probably be more beneficial than financing through them at 0%. I just picked up a 2017 duramax Z71 with almost all the options you had for 40k OTD with 0% financing with their military discount and a little bit more negotiating. Ask them for the sale sheet and see what it would be for invoice. I essentially got my truck for $600 under invoice. I could have gotten the truck for $38250 with the incentivized -$1750, but at the mercy of a finance rate above 1.9 APR my payment would have actually been higher. You need to just do the math, but I think without the $2500 discount you could easily get to around 40k including destination and other applicable fees. With it $37,500 wouldn't be unreasonable.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.