Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I leave my climate control in auto set to 72 summer and winter. It runs most all the time so really do not here it come on, plus I always have my radio on so I do not hear it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 2019, first 1700 miles I didn't hear a whine. Now, periodically, idling or slow speed... I hear the whine. I know the AC is the whine, because idling, if I shut the AC off, the whine goes away. Turn the AC back on, the whine returns.

So I'm left with turning the AC off when I don't want it off or turn the radio on when I don't want it on. Kinda sucks.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Mine has always been noisy but it works great, so if it's not broke, I'm not going to fix it. Mine is the compressor and I have confirmed that but it seems to the norm with these new ac systems. It's never gotten any worse in 3 years so I figure I will replace it if it dies by my local ac/radiator shop that has always done my work for ac and radiator flushes for a whole lot less money than the dealer.

Reactions: 16WhiteColly

·
Registered
81 Posts
2020 ZR2 with the same problem.

Dealer states normal, which is BS.

Sounds like a steering pump low on fluid; awful!

Can someone please help with a solution?

Please advise.

My best.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yep! The r1234yf freon and AC compressor in my 2018 Canyon is loud. I have learned to live with it. In my opinion GM did a poor engineering job with the AC controls on these trucks. The AC works and cools okay. But it is not as refined as well as other vehicles I own. Lots of complaining about the AC noise on other GM vehicles as well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My ‘19 isn’t loud at all but I can definitely hear it when my radio is down low, especially since it changes pitch regularly. Reminds me a little of the old “handshaking” sounds dial up modems made when first establishing a connection.

The noise doesn’t bother me but occasionally it’ll go from moderately cool to ice cold and vice versa without any input from me. I would prefer a little more consistency from it in that regard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wonder what accounts for the differences between vehicles? Are some built better than others?

Something is definitely amiss with mine, and wish there was acknowledgment on GM's part. :(

·
Registered
70 Posts
My opinion, unfortunately 80 to 90 % satisfaction with the engineering is good enough, marketing watches the sales. At the end of the day. They want to sale trucks and make the most margin. It's not about how good you can engineer the truck.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts