Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to see a canyon or colorado with OEM brush guard and ss bumper cover. I just bought an OEM brush guard for my truck and I also have the ss bumper cover. Both are off right now but I want to see if they would look good together. If you see any pictures or if someone can photoshop something up for me that would be great. Thanks.

Any thoughts? I do own a 4X4 crew cab now.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
I don't know that they would fit together....you'd at least have to remove the mesh that's in the middle of the SS bumper, but even then, I'm still not sure that the middle hole in the SS bumper is wide enough that you'd be able to fit the frame mounting points of the OEM brush bumper into it.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Actually, the more I look at pictures, the more I think it'd be really close.

Here's a pic of when I put my grill guard on, this pic has the mounting points on the frame rails already:

And here's a pic of the bumper on someone's truck (click to enlarge it):
[siteimg]5540[/siteimg]

I still think they're a couple inches outside the cut out, but I gotta find a better pic of the bumper to be sure. Where the heck did that thread about the bumper install go......

There's some better pics of the truck without a front bumper and with the SS bumper on in this thread, but I still can't tell from the pictures if the opening is wide enough that the mounting plates to the frame will fit in it, but I don't think it is, I think they'd still be about an inch outside the opening on both sides, so if you wanted it to work, you'd have to cut your own slots in the bumper for the mounting brackets to go through.

That might be a conceivable option, not sure how comfortable you are with cutting slots in it, but they wouldn't have to be very wide, the brackets are probably no wider than 1/4"

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
relbrute203 said:
even if its a couple inches off it wouldn't be to hard to fab up some brackets.
yeah, but then you'd have to make adapter brackets for attaching to the frame as well as the grill guard...so you'd have to make 4 brackets instead of two. Not that its terribly difficult, but it's just more steps. But you wouldn't necessarily even need to make new brackets, just spacers to move them over whatever the distance required is, and then make sure you get longer bolts accordingly because the ones that come with the brush guard wouldn't be long enough to add a spacer big enough on each side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts