Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly, I believe I'm selling my colorado. i need advice on how much to sell it for. I obviously want to get all the money back that I put into it.
It is a 2006 four door
-31 in all terrains
-after market bluetooth radio
-3in leveling kit
-$350 K&N cold air intake
-1.5 in spacers
-V4 2.8L
-everything works
-93,000 miles
people in my area are selling their stock colorados for around $10,000 with about 20k more miles on them than mine. Just drop the price that you would sell it for if it was yours. THANKS!!!!:smile2:
(check out my profile if you wanna see a pic of it)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
gotta go by KBB. choose the price in between dealer and private sale under it's condition and that's what it is.

Private party wants to pay less than dealer and dealer wants to pay less than private party.

plus dealer always chooses poor condition regardless.(in trade in they might say they'll give you more, but they'll take off less on the new buy)

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
What he said above is the best pricing spot to start with. Go midway between dealer and private sale price on Kelly BB. Good time to sell right before winter in colder states. People want something better than than have for winter driving if there current vehicle is no longer so road worthy.

As a reference. I sold my 2010 Colorado 2WD Z71 3.7L I-5, leather, trailer pkg, etc with 54,000 miles on it for $12,500 back in February of this year. To me and in my area, $10K is too much to ask for a 2006 2.8L.

Lastly, neither dealers nor private buyers will give much more for after market additions.

Kelly BB says in Atlanta Georgia area:

Dealer Trade In Value - - $5.400 to $7,400

Private party Sale - - - - $8,700

Go to Kelly and used "Good" condition assuming it may qualify.

Reactions: jpringle33

·
Registered
135 Posts
I just sold a 2004 GMC Canyon with 201,000 miles on it for $3,800. It had a cap and was clean as all get out. I sold it myself before getting hosed at the dealer for trade-in. Currently waiting on my 2018 Colorado ZR2 to be made. Driving a 2004 Jeep Wrangler in the meantime.
To gauge what my Canyon was worth, I searched for places to buy one such as Cars.com and AAA
Another good source for value on yours is NADA
If you are selling your 2006, what are you getting to replace it?
Good Luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.