Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking around for a CST 5" lift for my 2wd z85. I know you can choose between shocks, leaf springs, and shackles. Just need some advice on what i should get to save some money. thanks !

·
Registered
158 Posts
i just got my lift in i got the cast spindles, add a leaf and fabtech shocks shipp to my door and paid 689 then i bought 2" lift shaclkes for the rear off a member in here just in case i need to lift it up higher in the back.

thats about the cheapest you can get for the lift that is. then you have to buy new wheels and tires then worry aout your gas milage dropping lol. have fun i know i am!!!

chris

·
Registered
3,881 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
coyote said:
With the any of the larger kits you get new leafs or leaf packs.
Skyjacker is optional Add-a-leaf or springs. Of course you pay extra for the springs. Rancho supplies no rear springs. They supply an extended rear shackle and a bracket for the front of the leaf to drop the mounting point about 2" lower than the original, thus raising the frame away from the axle. But the factory springs are re-used. As I've said elsewhere, I plan to replace the Rancho rear setup with a set of Skyjacker softride springs because the drop brackets hang down too low and catch rocks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts