Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I need some expert opinions. Right now I have my ac vents and my radio surround painted silver birch. I'm getting ready to install some US Speedo Stainless Steel Gauge Faces. Keep in mind that the gauges will be silver. I'm wanting to paint the gauge surround and the gauge bezel a different color. For the purpose of the thread the gauge surround will be the black piece that you have to pop out of the dash to get the gauges out. The gauge surround is the piece on top of the gauges behind the clear plastic. Sorry I don't want any confusion. lol
I was thinking gauge surround silver birch and gauge bezel either gloss black or flat black but I didn't know if it would be too much silver birch. I already have a lot going on. Here's the best picture I could find. Thanks for any opinions.

·
Going UP!
2,918 Posts
Colacanyon said:
Ok I need some expert opinions. Right now I have my ac vents and my radio surround painted silver birch. I'm getting ready to install some US Speedo Stainless Steel Gauge Faces. Keep in mind that the gauges will be silver. I'm wanting to paint the gauge surround and the gauge bezel a different color. For the purpose of the thread the gauge surround will be the black piece that you have to pop out of the dash to get the gauges out. The gauge surround is the piece on top of the gauges behind the clear plastic. Sorry I don't want any confusion. lol
I was thinking gauge surround silver birch and gauge bezel either gloss black or flat black but I didn't know if it would be too much silver birch. I already have a lot going on. Here's the best picture I could find. Thanks for any opinions.
You confused me since I cannot see the pic haha...

BUT If I understand correctly, the gauge faces will be silver. If that is the case, I would make the bezel around the gauge faces flat black, then the piece that clips to the dash silver birch. I think it would work pretty well...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why can't you see my pic? Is my link not working or is it your computer?
Thanks for the advice. That's what I was thinking I just wanted to get some other opinions. You have the understanding correct though. lol Sorry I tried to make it simple I guess it didn't work. lol

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
The top piece that everyone paints, go silver. As for painting the actual piece that surrounds the gauges black or silver, not sure if it would make a bunch of difference for the work involved. Either way should look good.

·
Going UP!
2,918 Posts
I cannot see random pictures on this site. No clue why, but the computer just picks and chooses what it wants me to see haha.

I say go for what you had in mind man. Should look killer. Especially with that sub inclosure in the rear.

Does that thing (the sub enclosure) extend up to the front as a center console? I cannot remember...

·
Registered
120 Posts
yeah I would say silver and flat black, no gloss black though cuz it doesn't match up w/ anything

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
cola...here are those pics i promised on our site. the gloss black looks awsome at nite with the lights reflecting off of it.

pics could be better but your gonna see it in 2 or 3 weeks anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts