Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a set of OEM GM Flares for my 2017 Canyon. Installed all but one (passenger rear). Before I could get it on the wife backed over it and put a big crease in it. Does anyone know the part number or where I could purchase just that one? I have been going crazy trying to google it with no luck. It was resting up against the tree and the wind caught it just as she was backing out. Any help will be greatly appreciated. thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
I could certainly be that guy to help you out. I'm getting ready to purchase a set for my '17 Chevy. I only want the front pair, so would be interested in selling you the one you need. Question I don't know is...are GMC/Chevy flares compatible? If so, let's figure this out.

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I could certainly be that guy to help you out. I'm getting ready to purchase a set for my '17 Chevy. I only want the front pair, so would be interested in selling you the one you need. Question I don't know is...are GMC/Chevy flares compatible? If so, let's figure this out.
GMC doesn't offer flares (or previously didn't), but Colorado factory flares do fit the GMC.

·
Registered
14 Posts
GMC and Chevy fender flares fit the same for 2015-2018.
Chevy Accessories site says the part number for the fender flares is now: 84059964.
The part number was previously identified as: 23288129.
No change in the actual part, just an updated number.
The part number on my installation instructions is 84059967.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
+1

GM OEM Colorado flares also fit the Canyon. . . in spite of what even previous GM part lists indicate.

When installing, i recommend washing the fender edge where the tape will adhere first with dish soap or something like 409 cleaners and rinse well. Do not rely on those puny little alcohol wipes they give you. Then wipe 2 or 3 times with a clean paper towel EACH time with a solvent like methanol, Goof Off, or my favorite no damage solvent. . . CRC MAF cleaner. It leaves no residue. Paint thinner, mineral solvent, etc will leave a film that you can not see but the 3M tape will.

You have no idea what a previous owner or dealer may have used on the paint surface and unless you get off ALL of whatever is on there, the tape will not stick very long or very well. Some automated car washes also use silicone compounds in the "Shine", Paint Protectant or Spotless Rinse" cycles. Nasty stuff to remove. Need to wipe repeatedly with a new paper towel and solvent in ONE direction each time.

Oh. . biggest mistake is to use old t-shirts or clothes rags that were washed in fabric softener. That stuff is wax . .If you use a rag with that stuff on it even with a solvent. . you are spreading wax back onto the surface.

Don't laugh. People have done that and then come here on the forum wondering why 3 months later their fender flare tape is letting go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let me know how to contact you.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.