Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i while back i had a catalic converter problem and I asked my stepdad to take it and have a new one put on it but instead he told them to jus cut it off and put i piece of pipe in its place, i get more performance but now 1000 miles later im hearing a TERRIBLE grinding/viberating noise. any ideas on what i should do? thanks!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I don't think the cat is your problem. It sounds like its possibly the heat shield rattle.

There is a bulletin out for this somewhere. Take it to the dealer and have them fix it. Or take off the heat shield and put it back on, fixed my problem after I bent the crap out of it! :wink:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i tried beating the crap out of it with a hammer and i dont think i noticed a difference but ill give it a try on taking it off. and i would also like to try to get rid of the hissing noise my exaust makes while idleing :?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
so_crispy said:
yeah i tried beating the crap out of it with a hammer and i dont think i noticed a difference but ill give it a try on taking it off. and i would also like to try to get rid of the hissing noise my exaust makes while idleing :?
Now that hissing noise may be due to the straight pipe. I don't think you'll have much luck getting rid of that, unless you install a resonator or try a different exhaust. You might want to look into getting a Magnaflow metallic spun core oval cat. It flows better than most cats and would probably make you emissions legal and get rid of the hissing sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts