Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals,

I have the infamous p0017 code. Changing the crankshaft and camshaft sensors didn't fix the problem, so I'm getting ready to replace the timing components. I figure I'll just replace all of them while I'm in there, but I'm having trouble tracking down the camshaft actuator. Some call it the camshaft phaser, or the timing actuator, etc. I have a 2006 i4 2.8l Colorado. Apparently GM is no longer making these parts, and third party manufacturers haven't taken over yet, which makes this an elusive part to find. If you have a new one available, let me know. PM me, or post, or whatever is your preferred method of contact.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive tried all those. They take my credit card, and then tell me its unavailable about a week later. I wasn't able to find it on ebay last night though.... I'm going to check that out asap. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Have you tried a GM Dealer? I know that GM has them rebuilt. If you pressure a Dealer you should be able to get them to contact GM and GM has the ability to find inventory any where in the world.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ended up pre ordering one from GM via Amazon:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-12581568-Camshaft-Position-Actuator/dp/B00GUJD2G4[/ame]

I figure I will at least get one when they become available again, instead of being told over and over they are not available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.