Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1401 - 1407 of 1407 Posts

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Found another feature today--a lighted mirror behind the driver's side sun visor. I never use it and was looking for a place to store my registration and proof of insurance that would be more convenient than the glove box. I remember when having a lighted mirror was a feature for luxury cars and then only on the passenger side.
Damn, you must get pulled over a lot....??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep, old trick, although I still miss the clips on my old 2010 that locked the straps in position.
If you use 2x4's in the indents on the bed, you almost have a level load if carrying 4x8 sheets.
If you have no weight on the tailgate using the loop over method, it "could" bounce off.. a ziptie can lock it on though.
I miss the clips on my 08. Most Colorado owners didn't know about it. I do the c able loop thing on my 19 and the Ziptie is a good idea if it's a long trip. If it's just a short trip with some 2x4s I wrap a ratchet strap around them and tie to the rear lower bed hooks. Never a problem. Even can do long stuff. Here's a pic from my old Colorado working. I think those are 14' 2x4 in a 6" bed

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
I miss the clips on my 08. Most Colorado owners didn't know about it. I do the c able loop thing on my 19 and the Ziptie is a good idea if it's a long trip. If it's just a short trip with some 2x4s I wrap a ratchet strap around them and tie to the rear lower bed hooks. Never a problem. Even can do long stuff. Here's a pic from my old Colorado working. I think those are 14' 2x4 in a 6" bed
Agree I had a 2007 Canyon bought new and drove 9 years and traded it and I also liked the clips, used them several times.

·
Registered
179 Posts
No, but I know enough not to make the cops nervous when I do! Also, they might notice the illegal drugs and weapons in the glove box. :giggle:
Never keep your drugs and weapons in the same place.

1401 - 1407 of 1407 Posts