Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
What Is This?

Found laying on the floor of my Canyon on the passenger side. Anyone can identify this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Gene

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Pretty sure that's the nut that holds the cover panel in place on the passenger side kick panel. There's a bolt sticking out of the firewall in the footwell that is likely missing it's friend.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Green is right, fuse panel wing nut...should be easy to see the stud, like 5 seconds easy

·
Registered
183 Posts
Pretty sure that's the nut that holds the cover panel in place on the passenger side kick panel. There's a bolt sticking out of the firewall in the footwell that is likely missing it's friend.
That was it sure enough! The stud hanging out there just like you stated.
Thanks Again!

Reactions: greenzr217

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
The number of members who are finding this part on the passenger side floorboard is pretty high - someone at GM should take note and add this to a check list somewhere.

Is there any reason that a dealership would be accessing the fuse box panel at dealer prep and leaving this loose? Is there some special dealer installed accessory that requires access to this panel?

Reactions: Skidog and maxbee25

·
Registered
642 Posts
Sweet baby Jesus how many of these are we gonna have?

Merged and Stickied - Updated title

LMFAO !!! I love this guy !!! :grin2:

Maybe Corporate has hired some GM Ninja's, to check & see how many people have pulled their air bag fuse, or forgot to re-install it, so they can void their warranty ? To avoid getting caught, they just leave em on the floor ? LOL :grin2:
Maybe they need to hire the Weathertech Ninja's instead ?

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Since someone reopened this, I figured Id mention....did any of you happen to notice the 3 legged fuses in there? Wait till one blows and you pull one out and you have that WTF moment as you see something you've never seen before. :laugh:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm so glad I happened to see this sticky before posting my question. My problem is that I just noticed I am missing this stupid nut for the fuse block cover; I guess the dealer took it off when working on my electrical system last year and just tossed the nut? I know it USED to be there...

Anyway, does anybody happen to know the part number? I have searched parts diagrams for this thing and cannot find it for the life of me. Thanks!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Made me go out and look. Mine is where it should be. On the stud!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Add me to the list.

I found the nut in the console when I bought the truck used. someone must have found it and didn't know where it goes.

·
Registered
725 Posts
0526191850-00.jpg

Guess add me to the list. Found 3 of these nylon nuts under the passenger seat?

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
I knew where the wing nut came from but I am quite interested as to where Toughsox is going to install the rain gutter, hopefully not on his Colorado.o_O

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm missing that wingnut and none of the parts dealers seem to know how I can order one. Does anyone have a part number ?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts