Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Can anyone tell me if they know what this goes to? I found it on the passenger side floor after they did the HVAC Recall, I just had an oil change again today and nobody there knows what it goes to. It looks like a plastic wing nut, I can't say that I have stuck my head up under the dash yet to see if I can find where it goes. Any help you can give me, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
I have not looked at my jack closely, but that looks like the type of nut used to either secure the jack or the jack tools. Check under your seat or behind the seat to see if the nut is missing or maybe it is just an extra nut that got dropped when they were building your truck.

Reactions: dave66rivi

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not looked at my jack closely, but that looks like the type of nut used to either secure the jack or the jack tools. Check under your seat or behind the seat to see if the nut is missing or maybe it is just an extra nut that got dropped when they were building your truck.
Tools are held in with Velcro, I will check the jack, but I remember it having a foam cover and I have never taken it out. Thanks

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Thanks for posting this, I have two of these I found in my passenger floorboard when I bought the truck. Always wondered.

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
That is the lock nut (yep plastic wing nut basically) that holds the pass. kick panel on

Look forward where the panel is and you'll see a stud on the firewall and a slot in the kick panel. Slot should fit over the stud then that screws on

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
That is the lock nut (yep plastic wing nut basically) that holds the pass. kick panel on

Look forward where the panel is and you'll see a stud on the firewall and a slot in the kick panel. Slot should fit over the stud then that screws on
I need to go look now, but isn't that "kick panel" actually the cover to the interior fuse block?

I kind of remember it now, but I can't remember it in any detail. I got in, swapped my fuse F40/44 to the always powered position and put the cover back on.

·
Registered
8,458 Posts

Winner Winner! Chicken Dinner!

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
I need to go look now, but isn't that "kick panel" actually the cover to the interior fuse block?

I kind of remember it now, but I can't remember it in any detail. I got in, swapped my fuse F40/44 to the always powered position and put the cover back on.
Yep interior fuse block is behind it.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
If it wasnt raining, Id go out and take a picture of the mystery part I found in my truck. It will be a hum-dinger. :laugh:

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
If it wasnt raining, Id go out and take a picture of the mystery part I found in my truck. It will be a hum-dinger. :laugh:
I have several small parts I have found. I wonder if we pooled our resources if we could build an entire truck from the extra parts we find dropped in our trucks?

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
I was informed a gutter fell off the house so, Im going outside to get wet....AND take pix of those parts. >:)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

You were correct Sir! It is now reinstalled, and your prize is, if you are ever in North East Ohio I will buy you a Beer.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I wonder how many extra nuts were left over after they tore your dash out? Probably vacuumed several off of the floor. Here comes the squeaks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
name that part

I found this part lying on the passenger side front floorboard. Some sort of nut but I have no idea where it's from. Seems like it must have loosened and dropped so I figured part of the glove box or cabin air filter or....? Even went by the dealer and had two of their guys look around. Best they could come up with was that it's from a different vehicle:shock: No answer when I asked how it ended up on my floorboard when my truck was locked up in my driveway!

So I put it to the forums: Anybody recognize this part or have any idea where it might have come from?

Attachments

·
Registered
847 Posts
Retains instrument panel fuse block cover located front-right in passenger footwell. You will see an unused stud projecting back from the firewall.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Retains instrument panel fuse block cover located front-right in passenger footwell. You will see an unused stud projecting back from the firewall.
Or a stud that already has one on it. My assembler fatfingered that piece. I had three of them.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Cracks me up that once a month this mystery part shows up in a thread on this forum.

:grin2:

Since I had seen it, I knew what it was immediately and put mine on super tight last month to hopefully keep it from rattling free within a year.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts