Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I've been searching the many many threads here and in other Chevy forums trying to figure out the best approach to eliminating this god-awful Bose system from my ZR2, and I'm coming up a little short of what I'm looking for. In speaking with a buddy who has an F150, he was saying the Fords will let you into their computers to start changing values, and he was able to eliminate the EQ curves, as well as set the outputs to line-level. I'm almost certain we can do the same thing with our trucks, but it appears we need access to GM's proprietary (and expensive!) software, and from there, we'd need to be able to know which values to change.

So my question is, and I realize this is a long shot, is there somebody out there that has access to the GM software, and knows enough about the code to be able to do what I'm talking about? If anyone here thinks they can do this, and could post what needed to be done here, I might be able to bribe my local Chevy dealer to do it for me (unless you're local, and then I could be bribing you!).

Reactions: White016

·
Registered
968 Posts
That does sound like a long shot, assuming it's even an option: I'd be surprised if Chevy gives dealer techs the ability to mess with such things. Chevy strikes me as the "we know what's best, shut up and live with mediocrity" mindset when it comes to the "infotainment" category.

While you wait, check out this insane but highly detailed build thread. He uses an external processor to tune and adjust the stock outputs (as I recall, been awhile since I went through it all). May end up being cheaper than bribery in the long run. Once mine is out of warranty I may attempt something like this.

http://coloradofans.com/forums/265-...9-lanson-s-sound-quality-build-2017-crew.html

Reactions: digijohnson

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a 2014 Raptor and the screen after an update would always show Lincoln when I started my truck. Was annoying. The techs said I was going to have to live with it. I didn't spend all that money for a Raptor for it to say Lincoln at start up.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Hey all, I've been searching the many many threads here and in other Chevy forums trying to figure out the best approach to eliminating this god-awful Bose system from my ZR2, and I'm coming up a little short of what I'm looking for. In speaking with a buddy who has an F150, he was saying the Fords will let you into their computers to start changing values, and he was able to eliminate the EQ curves, as well as set the outputs to line-level. I'm almost certain we can do the same thing with our trucks, but it appears we need access to GM's proprietary (and expensive!) software, and from there, we'd need to be able to know which values to change.

So my question is, and I realize this is a long shot, is there somebody out there that has access to the GM software, and knows enough about the code to be able to do what I'm talking about? If anyone here thinks they can do this, and could post what needed to be done here, I might be able to bribe my local Chevy dealer to do it for me (unless you're local, and then I could be bribing you!).
YES! I have the non Bose, it's like they actually want it to sound like crap! Even flippin talk radio sounds like crap. It amazes me. I made some great improvements with new dash speakers, tweeters, and some caps and coils. Now it just needs some rear output and some bass. I'm not even sure why they put those speakers in the doors back there. Waist of money. Whoever decided that tune is good was drunk, deaf, or possibly both......Well, just plain stupid would cover it too. F:censored:ing morons.

Reactions: RatRacer

·
Registered
850 Posts
I like the bose system I added the kicker vss to it and think it sounds great with the addition. I had to play with the equalizers to get it to sound how I like.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That does sound like a long shot, assuming it's even an option: I'd be surprised if Chevy gives dealer techs the ability to mess with such things. Chevy strikes me as the "we know what's best, shut up and live with mediocrity" mindset when it comes to the "infotainment" category.

While you wait, check out this insane but highly detailed build thread. He uses an external processor to tune and adjust the stock outputs (as I recall, been awhile since I went through it all). May end up being cheaper than bribery in the long run. Once mine is out of warranty I may attempt something like this.

http://coloradofans.com/forums/265-...9-lanson-s-sound-quality-build-2017-crew.html
Somehow in my research I managed to miss that thread. Still working my way through it, but lots of good info in there so far, DSP and otherwise. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.