Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I laid eyes on a computer screen at a dealership and saw they had some 2020 Bisons scheduled to start production 8/19. First I've seen for an actual date for MY2020 Colorados. Maybe old news, but it was new to me, and a quick google search doesn't reveal anything about it.

Also new, the MSRP for those trucks was on the order of $54.5K. From conversations, I know they were diesel Bisons with Bose systems, but I don't know about any other options (the information was very granular, and I couldn't make sense of it in the time I had to take it in). If the only options were Diesel and Bose, that could represent a fairly substantial price increase for MY2020. Just thought I'd leave this here for anyone interested...

Registered
Some dealers already have them. I saw a Red Hot 2020 ZR2 Bison at my dealer last week when I was there for an oil change. It was a 3.6L V6 with the performance package, sport bar, off-road lights, rear spare tire carrier, Bose, nav, etc. MSRP on it was $55,770.00. Unfortunately it was not for sale. Apparently it has been earmarked for display at the State Fair of Texas. 馃檨

B5138EA3-6F8C-45FB-B600-2CF60542C790.jpeg

Registered
The Bison is an awesome truck for sure, but $55-56 grand is way out of line. At that price point, I would be entertaining many other options.

Registered
It looks like the price of the Bison hasn't risen at all. On my 19 it was a 5,750 option.

I,m sure the base price of the ZR2 has risen a couple hundred I would have to look at my window sticker. With mine having the 3.6 and Bose and Bison the sticker was 50,240 i think so if you add 3,500 for the diesel price sound about right.

Registered
I looked at a couple of stickers online for 2020 Colorado trucks at Classic Chevrolet. They seemed in line with last year prices, no great increases.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I guess since the 2019-2020 changes effectively weren't, there's no reason to upcharge. $5750 is the price I've been seeing in the B&P all along IIRC, and if the $43K is the same baseline for the ZR2, then they stayed stable. I had been keeping an eye out for the MY2020 release date since the 2019 Bison allocation ran out, and never saw it (still haven't).

What I saw was literally just looking over a guy's shoulder at a dealership, and I was able to grab a few key figures. The options section was broken out to a pretty extreme level of granularity such that I wasn't able to ascertain where the upcharged options were to get it to that high price. None of the dealers around me had any diesel Bisons, most didn't have any diesels, and I don't think any had any Bisons. I was only able to find a single dealer with ANY diesels (1), and they fortunately also had a single Bison. I assumed that was because they were all sold out of Bisons for 2019 (and may still be the case), and it seems like the diesels might be slow sellers and thus special order only. Could just be that's a crappy dealer and doesn't move many trucks. Hard to say with the available data.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Apparently it has been earmarked for display at the State Fair of Texas. 馃檨
If you look at the bottom right of the Monroney, it says the "Dealer to whom delivered" is "General Motors, LLC" in Michigan rather than anything remotely in proximity to Dallas (where the State Fair of Texas is held for those non-Texicans among readers). Mayhap it wasn't for sale because they were just holding it for 'The Man'.

Registered
I dont know where your located. But my dealer where I bought mine still has 2 black 19 Bison's in stock for a really decent price I think they are asking just under 45k.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Denver. This forum needs that pBB function where your location shows up under your handle to the left of the posts... Should at least be an unofficial signature requirement or something...

Registered
Ok I'm in Ia. Not too far a drive I just looked they have 3 black ones for 44,302 very good price
For a Bison and bose for the MSRP of a ZR2.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I may end up doing a fly and buy... I understand the mileage on the clock when they hit pavement at the dealership is 3. I want to put the fourth mile on the clock myself, so I may be stuck special ordering unless I can intercept one that's already been ordered...

The dealer I talked to was pretty adamant about checking the Bose box on every single truck... Might be a trend...

Registered
I dont know how to put a link from my phone. Just look up Karls Chevrolet you can view them from their website. They always have a big selection they had 6 Bison when I got mine plus about 10 ZR2. Good luck

Registered
Denver. This forum needs that pBB function where your location shows up under your handle to the left of the posts... Should at least be an unofficial signature requirement or something...
You have to add this somewhere on your profile, but it only shows up if you hover the mouse over the handle. (And I don't have a clue about hovering on a phone or tablet. )

If you hover over mine it should show DFW.

Registered
I guess since the 2019-2020 changes effectively weren't, there's no reason to upcharge. $5750 is the price I've been seeing in the B&P all along IIRC, and if the $43K is the same baseline for the ZR2, then they stayed stable. I had been keeping an eye out for the MY2020 release date since the 2019 Bison allocation ran out, and never saw it (still haven't).

What I saw was literally just looking over a guy's shoulder at a dealership, and I was able to grab a few key figures. The options section was broken out to a pretty extreme level of granularity such that I wasn't able to ascertain where the upcharged options were to get it to that high price. None of the dealers around me had any diesel Bisons, most didn't have any diesels, and I don't think any had any Bisons. I was only able to find a single dealer with ANY diesels (1), and they fortunately also had a single Bison. I assumed that was because they were all sold out of Bisons for 2019 (and may still be the case), and it seems like the diesels might be slow sellers and thus special order only. Could just be that's a crappy dealer and doesn't move many trucks. Hard to say with the available data.
Just pulling up the 鈥渟earch inventory鈥 link on the Chevrolet website, it appears there are almost 500 ZR2 Bison鈥檚 available nationwide (484 as best as I can tell). There appears to be 44 diesel Bisons still rolling around as of 8/6/19.

The newest version of the Chevrolet inventory search makes it pretty easy to find if there are any existing trucks in the configuration you want across the nation.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Ah! I see. I've never seen this forum platform before. Learning all sorts of things!

I lived in the DFW area for... a little over 20 years...? Mostly the northeast quadrant of things. Rockwall, Denton, Grapevine, Coppell. I would say I know it well, but every time I go back so much has changed that it's rapidly becoming an unrecognizable place.

mkersting, I'll definitely look into that. Hopefully it shows mileage, and a few of those are reasonably close.

Registered
Ah! I see. I've never seen this forum platform before. Learning all sorts of things!

I lived in the DFW area for... a little over 20 years...? Mostly the northeast quadrant of things. Rockwall, Denton, Grapevine, Coppell. I would say I know it well, but every time I go back so much has changed that it's rapidly becoming an unrecognizable place.

mkersting, I'll definitely look into that. Hopefully it shows mileage, and a few of those are reasonably close.
Stonebriar Chevrolet in Frisco, Texas has one of those 44 2019 Diesel Bisons.

Registered
Any word on the,2020 Canyons? I have an SLT, Red tint coat diesel CCSB on order, haven't heard anything.

Registered
Chose between a 2019 diesel satin steel bison and a 2019 diesel satin steel zr2 dusk at local dealer a couple weeks ago. Had them down to $9k off msrp. Sitting next to each other, I liked the ZR2 dusk better and bought that one. Last I heard, someone from Texas flew in and bought the diesel satin steel bison.

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
If what I've read on this forum from people in the Denver area is to be believed, fly and buy is probably my best bet... Sort of a bummer, but I was doing Roadkill-style road trips long before Roadkill was a thing.

Registered
HCO21, The 2020鈥檚 have been coming off the line since 7-15-19. I have a red Denali built on the 18th traveling about the country on a train heading for NE Washington State. My dealer received five Denali鈥檚 this week that we鈥檙e built after mine.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
12 Participants
BobN
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck鈥檚 reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing