Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[PCM] P0506 - Idle Speed Low (Old) (Immature)
[TCM] B2725 - ATC Mode Switch Circuit Malfunction (Immature)
[Brake] C0221 - RF Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Open (History)
[Brake] U1026 - Loss of ATC Class 2 Communication (History)
[Unknown] B1420 - (History) (Immature)
[Unknown] C0267 - or C0268 Pump Motor Circuit Open/Shorted (History) (Immature)

These are a list of codes I just pulled from my Colorado. Can anyone tell me which and if any of these are serious?

I had a "brake fault" on my DIC about a month ago, and it was from when I was sliding on ice, and holding in the brakes. What the heck did that mean and since it went away after I restarted the truck, I felt that it wasn't a big deal.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Dude the ABS Fault warning always comes on, its a joke. Don't even worry about that. Mine seems to have a premature Idle too... Not sure though. Does Yours seem as its slowing down it dips below the 900 rpm standard idle mark?

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
Uh... Standard idle is not 900rpm. It's more around 600-650.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
FIREJKP22 said:
[PCM] P0506 - Idle Speed Low (Old) (Immature)
[TCM] B2725 - ATC Mode Switch Circuit Malfunction (Immature)
[Brake] C0221 - RF Wheel Speed Sensor Circuit Open (History)
[Brake] U1026 - Loss of ATC Class 2 Communication (History)
[Unknown] B1420 - (History) (Immature)
[Unknown] C0267 - or C0268 Pump Motor Circuit Open/Shorted (History) (Immature)
I would not be worried right now. All those codes are in the past. Just deal with any that may pop up as active.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Dude there is no way.... i have always been at 900rpm at idle lol.

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
I've got a manual. I dunno what the OP has.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Colorado_clean... The stock VCM file which controls the idle is set for about 900rpm when the vehicle is colder, but will then go down to about 650 once the vehicle is at "operating temp".

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
05 m5 I4 no cat... Pretty sure its idled 1 dot below 1k since I got it. could be crazy or blind or both, But who knows!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
colorado_clean said:
05 m5 I4 no cat... Pretty sure its idled 1 dot below 1k since I got it. could be crazy or blind or both, But who knows!
Your eyes do not lie. The I4 has a higher base idle than the I5.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Canyon knows best. My bad colorado_clean. Didn't know you had an I4. Hey Canyon, got any pics of your new truck? Would you suggest upgrading an 05 Colly to the new 08?

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
FIREJKP22 said:
Canyon knows best. My bad colorado_clean. Didn't know you had an I4. Hey Canyon, got any pics of your new truck? Would you suggest upgrading an 05 Colly to the new 08?
Thanks dude. I just got done working on an I4.. The base idle is 800 rpm as compared to the 650 rpm for the I5.

I have the I5 3.7L in the 2008. I am loving the upgrade... I got this one with all the options I did not get last time... So much more enjoyable! :D I did a couple mods already to it... A lot left to do. ;)

2008 GMC Canyon Z71

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ive really been considering getting an 08. I think it's best just to pay my truck off with a loan and sell it privately with all the mods i've done to it... I'd get raped if I traded it in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts