Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

My new (to me) 2018 Z71

3K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  Iamscotticus 
#1 ·
Just picked this beauty up yesterday. 2018 Z71 with 19k miles on it. When I took it to my mechanic for a once-over before I signed the papers, he said it looked more like it had nineteen miles, not 19,000 miles! He said he doubted it had ever been put into 4WD. Interior and exterior are absolutely pristine. Very tickled to have found such a nice one.

I have an Aliner pop-up camper, and I'll be using the truck for some road trips once we can do that safely (who knows when that will be...). I had built a custom dog platform bed in the back seat of the 2004 Tacoma I'm replacing, and it fit into the Colorado like a glove. The boys are ready to go!

:)

See less See more
#3 ·
Very good.
Now ASAP take if to the dealer to get the transmission flooid changed out.

#10 ·
Just picked this beauty up yesterday. 2018 Z71 with 19k miles on it. When I took it to my mechanic for a once-over before I signed the papers, he said it looked more like it had nineteen miles, not 19,000 miles! He said he doubted it had ever been put into 4WD. Interior and exterior are absolutely pristine. Very tickled to have found such a nice one.

I have an Aliner pop-up camper, and I'll be using the truck for some road trips once we can do that safely (who knows when that will be...). I had built a custom dog platform bed in the back seat of the 2004 Tacoma I'm replacing, and it fit into the Colorado like a glove. The boys are ready to go!

:)

View attachment 398464 View attachment 398465
Beautiful truck. I think if (God forbid) something happened to my truck, I’d replace it with another Z71 in that color.

Road trips are doable in 2020, my wife and I have taken two this year. Just gotta research where you’re planning to go and see what the circumstances and restrictions will be to make sure it’ll work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Road trips are doable in 2020, my wife and I have taken two this year. Just gotta research where you’re planning to go and see what the circumstances and restrictions will be to make sure it’ll work.
Gonna have to disagree there. A look at any headline today tells me otherwise. We just set records two days in a row for new case numbers nation wide - world records. Being out on the road right now unless it's a life or death situation is dangerous and irresponsible. I'm a healthcare professional. I see it every day.

#14 ·
Did you stop at a gas station? Did you stop at a rest stop? It's definitely doable, but only if you don't understand the science behind this pandemic. Why do you think we have the highest infection rate and the highest death rate in the world, by at least an order of magnitude? It's because people in this country choose not to "get it".

#15 ·
We were careful but obviously nothing’s foolproof. We get gas at home too. We go out in public for work way more than we did over those few days. We canceled two trips that were too dangerous and changed our plans to limit our exposure to people. But there’s always someone who wants to COVID-shame because you’re still trying to live your life, no matter how carefully, and it’s exhausting.

Anyway, I don’t want to contribute anymore to this thread getting derailed. You bought a great truck and I hope you enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
ButchAZ, why are you giving KingGimp a hard time? Hundred of planes full of people flying everyday from one hot zone to another and no one bat an eye. Why is he traveling and actually keeping social distancing an issue?
if you are afraid, stay home. KingGimp already said he stayed within the guideline, let him and his family live their lives.

#18 ·
I'm not giving anyone a hard time. I work in healthcare, and I see the results of "personal freedom" every single day. Yes, hundreds of planes are flying here and there, but I'd hardly say no one is batting an eye. You don't see ME on any of them. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

I'm not afraid, I have a brain. We're in the middle of the worst global pandemic in over a century (actually, by some measures, the worst since the middle ages), that's factually, scientifically, demonstrably made worse by people not staying put. Social distancing is great, but it's not a substitute for reducing exposure to others to the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM possible, which means staying home, period. In case you hadn't noticed, much of Europe is now in another mandatory lockdown. When you're traveling, even by truck when you're camping, you ARE going to come into needless contact with other people. You simply can't avoid it. Now is not the time. I'm not sure how many dead Americans it's going to take for some of us to "get it" about this virus. It's really not rocket science folks. It really, truly isn't. Public health officials know what they're talking about, even if the moron-in-chief and his minions in the White House don't. Listen to them.

I've lost two friends (one in Europe and one in the US), two co-workers, and the family members of several other co-workers to COVID-19. I take care of COVID patients every single day. I'm in the COVID ICU. I know what I'm talking about. STAY HOME!!! Plenty of time for traveling and camping later.

#17 ·
Yep. A fellow at my work who didn't get it got covid. No mistake, this guy literally refused to mask up, even at work where it was a rule to use ppe because we couldn't stay home.
Mgt didn't have the balls to do anything about him. It was just a matter of time.
That waz his attitude just a matter of time no matter what he did so no point.
Well, those who observe the guidance seem to be doing well. a few got it regardless. everyone, don't stop living, don't be paranoid, but do take all precautions. You don't want this crap.

#26 · (Edited)
I am a conservative, who didn't initially support orange man (OM). But I have been EXTREMELY impressed what OM has accomplished while enduring every possible attack, real and fake. This president has really delivered and shown the Christian and Jewish more support for godly values than his personal past would suggest. ISIS was created and thrived under Obama and The Iranian Guard were empowered from apologetic paper tiger policy from Obama while building the uranium enrichment capabilities. OM does need to find those centrifuges and destroy them. But OM has definitely shown he will unapologetically put a missile up the ass of any terrorist who dares to travel outside his borders.
Where is ISIS now? GONE zilch. So yea, I don't want any more weak liberal foreign policy in todays world.

I say all that to say this on COVID. Im a OM fan now, because I "get" him. But i also know he's a show man.
I recognize the novel coronavirus is a very serious threat and THE MAIN REASON our OM created economy is suffering any setback at all. But I don't discount that many are dying and I could be one of them. I CHOOSE to mask-up and decon because of the science and guidance from the medical professionals who work at preventing infection EVERY DAY recommend. Most people ignore the measures medical professionals take to sanitize and sterilize the environment you walk into to get your treatment. Its not a new thing for them. All we have to do follow the very basic guidelines for us to (help) prevent getting and giving the virus. It sucks, yes, and many will die regardless. But we need to take these precautions as long as it takes to get through this. I happen to know there is now many manufacturers and distributions of PPE and test kits available. It also is very inexpensive but the prices are inflated now. Nobody want's to undercut anyone else. Treatments for early detection of COVID are almost out patient. Many are treated with big doses of vitamin D and zinc. This thing is getting easier to deal with but believe me, YOU don't want this if you can help it.
I know an OM anti-masker who eventually got his COVID. He's young and strong and will be OK but today, he is suffering. I know an older guy who lost his smell and taste, perhaps permanently, and also has a new heart condition from it. COVID attacks all kinds of things in your body and will mess you up.

So go on, support OM, but listen to the guidance and take all COVID precaution for your own sake.
I wouldn't want anything preventing me from seeing the next 500 miles of wall built!

Reactions: KingGimp
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.