Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many thanks to the greatness of LilMikey and his 3d printing files at this thread, Have 3D Printer, Will Design - Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon. I had my local library print his tablet holder (medium) and using velcro created this setup, using this bluetooth ODB reader https://goo.gl/1wLkcR

The gauges are just a first draft done in 5 minutes, so I'll be tweaking for some time.

This is an old Nexus 7 I had in a drawer that got semi-bricked by the KitKat update, basically reducing ram to the point that it will barely run one app. But it serves it's purpose.

Think I'm going to like having a second configurable Digital Information Center.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
That is a cool use of an old tablet!

The Mrs. is likely going to update her ancient LG G2 phone soon, as the battery does not hold a charge for long. I may use that phone as my "permanent" monitor for running OBD Fusion as I do not like to tie up my phone and like it to be running Android Auto. My current phone (a G5) gets pretty warm running the app, but has no issues. Wondering if the old G2 will manage. I guess I will find out :laugh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.