Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all!
Here’s some pictures of my new 2019 Colorado Z71 (Cajun Red Tintcoat). It now has 2600 miles on now and I love it! The only modification I’ve made is an unusual one. I have a spinal cord injury from a bulging disc (called cauda equina) that turned off the feeling to my lower legs, feet and abdomen. Since it’s REALLY important to know if your foot is on the gas or brake I’m required to use hand controls to operate the truck, and a picture of the control system is also attached. These pictures were taken at the top of Mount Penn near Reading, PA. The Pagoda in the photos was completed in 1908 and was intended to be the hotel/restaurant centerpiece of a luxury resort. When plans for the rest of the resort were abandoned, the building and land was donated to Reading in 1911. The winding road leading up the hill to the Pagoda was used by Charles Duryea (the engineer of the first-ever working American gasoline-powered car!!) to test his automobiles manufactured in Reading before they left the factory. Cars that couldn’t make the trip to the top of the hill were sent back to the shop for more work. The Reading Fire Tower in the one picture is just down the road from the Pagoda. It was built in 1939 as a fire observation tower and tourist attraction. The last picture is from Forza Horizon 4. It’s really a 2017 ZR2 but from this view it’s a pretty close match to my new Z71 – and I can abuse it without scratching my REAL one! Terry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts