Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Kinetic Blue 2018 ZR2 CCSB Minimax

Latest Update 2018-10-29:

Mudflaps and leveling kit on as well as a pair of vision-x LED lamps. Waiting for AEV to release their bumper :D . Also have a set of Lazer Lamps Triple-R 1000 Competition LED driving lights to mount up, 1 lux to 3080 feet.

Untitled by C-GCLL, on Flickr

Untitled by C-GCLL, on Flickr

Well after ordering my diesel CCSB Kinetic Blue ZR2 in August she finally arrived at the dealership.

I had the dealer throw on 34x10.5R17 BFG KO2's and then picked her up. Drove 450km and took the 9-hour ferry to bring her home:

Kitwanga Junction to Alaska:

The 34x10.5R17 KO2's clear by a hair on the stock ZR2. No rubbing on the highway but they definitely rub off-road.

First mods are the interior illumination package and bed lighting package. Just ordered the 589Fab receiver winch mount, thank you 589Fab for the black friday deals. Next on the list will be a level, some auxiliary lighting, and a DRL relocate. Stay tuned 8)

Update 2017-12-18: None of my new goodies have arrived yet, but got a nice shot by the water this morning.

Update 2018-02-11: Still waiting on all my stuff to arrive before installing it... looks like 589fab is busy so that a good sign for the aftermarket.

·
Registered
632 Posts
That color is beautiful! Looks like this'll be a sweet build. Subbed!

Reactions: ocelot

·
Super Moderator
4,266 Posts
Where are the tires rubbing? Front and rear?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
It took you from August to Snow to get her delivered? Wow! Long journey to get her home. Over the river and through the woods. Did you stop by Grandma’s house on the way?

Great looking truck.

Gusto.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Are you going to modify wheel wells or are you going to let the KO2's do it for you? ;) I put KO2 LT's on our Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland and it rides brilliantly now. When the Duratracs wear out on my ZR2 I'm getting KO2's. But in a little smaller size. :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Beautiful color against the snow background. Congrats!

·
Registered
111 Posts
How is the interior illumination package done after the truck is built...I wanted that as well, but mine didn’t come with it

·
Registered
166 Posts
Love that colour!! KO2's look awesome in 34"s. Not sure what is the solution for the larger sized tires. Perhaps replacement fenders with wider wheel wells. Not sure but we need a way to get 35s on this truck so need some creative inexpensive solution.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you going to modify wheel wells or are you going to let the KO2's do it for you? ;) I put KO2 LT's on our Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland and it rides brilliantly now. When the Duratracs wear out on my ZR2 I'm getting KO2's. But in a little smaller size. :)
I’ll probably do some trimming but also going to order the rough country level so I’ll see how much more clearance that gives me first.

Beautiful color against the snow background. Congrats!
Thanks!

How is the interior illumination package done after the truck is built...I wanted that as well, but mine didn’t come with it
I worked it into the deal so they installed it for me but I now regret that as I could have done a better job. It’s just a couple leds, have to remove and replace a couple trim pieces inside to install them, and the two ones in the cup holder require two little holes to be drilled.

Love that colour!! KO2's look awesome in 34"s. Not sure what is the solution for the larger sized tires. Perhaps replacement fenders with wider wheel wells. Not sure but we need a way to get 35s on this truck so need some creative inexpensive solution.
I wish there was a company that I could go to to make custom fender flares, designing those a little better would substantially improve the issue. Also wish the flares were wider with mud flaps, the tires are throwing all sorts of crap onto my doors and body, will definitely end up with rock chips in the very near future if I don’t figure something out for that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I’ll probably do some trimming but also going to order the rough country level so I’ll see how much more clearance that gives me first.

Thanks!

I worked it into the deal so they installed it for me but I now regret that as I could have done a better job. It’s just a couple leds, have to remove and replace a couple trim pieces inside to install them, and the two ones in the cup holder require two little holes to be drilled.

I wish there was a company that I could go to to make custom fender flares, designing those a little better would substantially improve the issue. Also wish the flares were wider with mud flaps, the tires are throwing all sorts of crap onto my doors and body, will definitely end up with rock chips in the very near future if I don’t figure something out for that.
Cool. Yeah, the splatter is a pain. I will be pulling an off-road trailer with mine and I'm guessing a gravel road will chew it up. Aussies have chip shields on their trailers, but effective mud flaps, that were flexible enough to not get torn up on rocks would be useful.

·
Registered
308 Posts
No doubt digging that color! Why the down grade in tires though or what was the reason for the switch? Going from a hybrid down to an AT, everything I have read and all the homework I did when tire shopping points to Duratracs > KO2's on snow, ice and off road. Shoot there are a few other tires that out perform the BFG's in the white stuff which has to be important in your area.

Nice truck, will be cool to see what you do to it in the future.

Tyler

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No doubt digging that color! Why the down grade in tires though or what was the reason for the switch? Going from a hybrid down to an AT, everything I have read and all the homework I did when tire shopping points to Duratracs > KO2's on snow, ice and off road. Shoot there are a few other tires that out perform the BFG's in the white stuff which has to be important in your area.

Nice truck, will be cool to see what you do to it in the future.

Tyler
They didn’t make duratracs in a size I wanted. I would have run a 255/80R17 but none of the three (Toyo ATII, Mastercraft CXT, Cooper ST) are severe snow rated. Wanted to increase the tire size without increasing the width of the tire since these trucks have so many issues fitting larger tires. I same across these and the 34x10.5 is pretty close to a 255/80R17 and they are severe snow rated so they fit the bill. Not really a downgrade just different requirements, also the factory duratracs are not LT tires were as these are.

·
Registered
262 Posts
They didn’t make duratracs in a size I wanted. I would have run a 255/80R17 but none of the three (Toyo ATII, Mastercraft CXT, Cooper ST) are severe snow rated. Wanted to increase the tire size without increasing the width of the tire since these trucks have so many issues fitting larger tires. I same across these and the 34x10.5 is pretty close to a 255/80R17 and they are severe snow rated so they fit the bill. Not really a downgrade just different requirements, also the factory duratracs are not LT tires were as these are.
Yeah Im looking at tires now too. Glad you posted I would have never even thought 34 would be an option but keeping the width the same is a good idea. Ill probably go KO2's, Cooper SST Pro which I really like or just go bigger on the DuraTrac's. Yeah that kinetic blue looks great in the snow. Great looking truck.

Reactions: ocelot
1 - 20 of 40 Posts