Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was headed to work Tuesday morning and I made a left hand turn and was hit by a lady in a Prius that I didn't see due to her headlights not being on. Smashed in the passenger side and I just found out that the insurance company has declared it a total loss.

I really liked the truck and have been extremely impressed by the economy and power.

I probably will not get another one(right now), as I had been looking for some ways to cut cost. Now I have clean slate to get something cheaper.

I do plan on returning to a baby Duramax in a couple of years(maybe GDE will have their tune ready by then).

Thank you to all on this forum who have been a wealth of knowledge.

I do have a couple of interior bits, that I was able to take off of the truck, if anyone is interested.

Weathertech floor liners front/rear and a set of Northwest Seat covers that match the Z71 pattern.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Sorry to hear. That sucks.

I can't imagine the Prius fared to well either.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Glad to hear the truck was able to keep you safe!

·
Registered
10,627 Posts

It would have been much worse, had she hit me a brief moment sooner.

I will get a couple of pictures of the seat covers and floor liners shortly.
holy cow, it hit the rear end so hard it must have pushed it back and sideways enough to pop the driveshaft out!

did any side airbags deploy?

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

Cover were only on the truck for 2 months. Tow driver got a little dirt on the driver seat when he tried to drive a truck with a dangling driveshaft(insert joke here)

Floor liners will clean up nicely. I will clean them up and post a better picture this weekend, if they last that long.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Glad you're ok! Sorry about the truck but at least you walked away.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Dude that totally sucks, good that your ok.. I hope that Prius got totaled as well... it would be incredibly lame if your truck got totaled by a Prius and it alone survived... no ill to that driver at all.. I just hate the prius. good that you walked away from that

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I've lost three vehicles over the years due to accidents and am glad you are ok. Best of luck with the 'clean slate' search. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dude that totally sucks, good that your ok.. I hope that Prius got totaled as well... it would be incredibly lame if your truck got totaled by a Prius and it alone survived... no ill to that driver at all.. I just hate the prius. good that you walked away from that
I am pretty sure it was totaled too. The lady and her son had their airbags deploy. Once I figured out that I was ok, my main concern was the safety other people involved. Unfortunately, the lady wanted to yell, cuss and fight with me.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Sorry to hear that you lost your truck man. Glad to hear you are ok tho. Sounds like that Prius lady had her priorities in the wrong order....

If you want, PM me about that rear floor mat.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.