Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Drove the Colorado and was hooked. It splits duties as dd and bike transportation.

Wants..

Baja style low profile front bumper (evil off-road maybe)
Seat Covers

Here’s the pretty close to accurate mod list -

Eibach Performance Lift Coils
Bilstein 5100’s fr/r
GM 1.25” Rear Blocks/U Bolts
Auto Spring Diff Drop
Moog Extended Sway Bar Links
265/70/17 BFG KO2's
ZR2 Skid Plates 1 & 2
589Fab HD Shock Skids
ZR2 Rock Sliders
Leer 100XR Shell
GM Black Fog Bezels
Protech Spray Bed Liner
DeeZee Rubber bed mat
AEV GM Grill
Rough County 30” Black LED in bumper
AStar LED 6500k Headlights
DeeZee Tie Down Anchors (in bed)
Stake Pocket Covers
1UP USA Super Duty Bike Rack +1 Add On
Dakine Bike Tailgate Pad
32% Front Tint
Stubby Jr Antenna
Back Seat Dog Hammock
Center Console Organizer
215/85/16 Spare (hides better)
Air Dam Removed

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Time line

Only off road yet

Waxed..

Lined!

Zone kit installed..

And 265/70 KO2's on!

Tonneau and Tint + Lots of sand and red clay

New Bak Tonneau and Nerfs on

Zone Kit + Rear Blocks

1.25” Block and Bilstein 5100’s on - front set to 2”

1.25” block and Bilstein 5100’s bottom notch on eibach 2” lift coils

Reactions: rmblake

·
Registered
802 Posts
Looking good, you're on ur way!

Reactions: ziegs

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Zone leveling kit officially installed! Took roughly two hours, highly recommend ratcheting wrenches for the upper strut bolts for anyone doing this in the future. Garage is small and couldn't wait until morning and ran up to local parking lot to see it!

Reactions: Hunter62

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Tonneau cover on! It's awesome. Just drove 3 hrs to the beach each way and bed stayed bone dry during storms. Did about 20 miles on the beach poking around and on some washboard sections was dreaming of kings, but the truck did great. Even goofing around couldn't get stuck but turning off stability and traction control is must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: great08

·
Registered
802 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought you may have a little rubbing with that tire size and just the zone.

Nothing yet, but only been off road a few time so far!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Snagged a Napier truck tent and some Tyger rock slider style bars. Definitely going to get some real bolt on sliders whenever some come out. Tent is awesome. Starting to enjoy driving up to a sweet spot and car camping over backpacking recently!

Reactions: great08

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ended up going with the Bak Revolver x2, it’s awesome. Much more secure, flush with the bed, and looks good. Next up are some much needed skid plates.

Awesome that I can lock my bike up under the tonneau with the tire off for trips and riding after work. We got a cool airbnb for a wedding right beside some trails, got the X2 and swapped the covers in about an hour before leaving town!

Trucks true purpose.. bike transportation

Reactions: wcoyne and F8LZ71

·
Registered
107 Posts
Man this thread has me missing mountain biking hardcore. Nice truck man, really like what you are doing with it. I am thinking about getting a tent next spring myself.

I just got the KO2's as well and they are infinitely better than the OEM Goodyear wheels. The ride is so much smoother and you get the aggressive look as well as function.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Do you lock your bike down in any sort of way with that tailgate pad?
I do have a chunky 6ft cable and padlock for wrapping the bike up when on the bike pad but typically only use the pad for quick trips. For bringing the bike places before riding or long road trips, I just got the metal tonneau so it’s safe in the bed.

Man this thread has me missing mountain biking hardcore. Nice truck man, really like what you are doing with it. I am thinking about getting a tent next spring myself.

I just got the KO2's as well and they are infinitely better than the OEM Goodyear wheels. The ride is so much smoother and you get the aggressive look as well as function.
Thanks man, sounds like time to get back on the trails! Night ride season just started up for me with daylight savings. The tent is pretty cool, takes some setting up but very stable and high quality, the awning is clutch as well. A RTT was out with two dogs so truck tent is perfect for me. Completely agree with the KO2’s!

·
Registered
107 Posts
You are braver than me lol, I never tried the night rides.I would really like to hit some trails, I have had the itch for a while. When I lived in Atlanta I went daily after work and on the weekends (a lot of good trails in Atlanta). But then I moved to South Ga, where it is pretty flat and basically no trails that I can find, so I sold my Scott bike. But I am thinking I am going to buy myself another bike and make some trails on some of the land my family and friends own-just won't really be any downhill slopes. But that will scratch the itch until I can get back up to the mountains from time to time.

When you use the tent, is there a mattress of some kind that will fit the bed of the truck or did you buy a mattress to sleep on?

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts
Looks good! Just know that many people appreciate threads like this despite the lack of replies. :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Looks good! Just know that many people appreciate threads like this despite the lack of replies. :)
Haha thanks man! If anything it’s a running tab for me of all the changes to the truck!

You are braver than me lol, I never tried the night rides.I would really like to hit some trails, I have had the itch for a while. When I lived in Atlanta I went daily after work and on the weekends (a lot of good trails in Atlanta). But then I moved to South Ga, where it is pretty flat and basically no trails that I can find, so I sold my Scott bike. But I am thinking I am going to buy myself another bike and make some trails on some of the land my family and friends own-just won't really be any downhill slopes. But that will scratch the itch until I can get back up to the mountains from time to time.

When you use the tent, is there a mattress of some kind that will fit the bed of the truck or did you buy a mattress to sleep on?
I hear that, luckily where I’m at it’s pretty hilly and a short drive to the mountains. Have to just use a lot of dirt for ups and downs! Night riding is very exhilarating and with a 1200 lumen handle bar light and 600 lumen helmet light everything’s lit up, really only dangerous on unkept trails like last night (see photo). For the tent I got a few air pads from backpacking we use, thought about getting a big blow up mattress but the little air ones do the job. We have a queen size sleeping bag that provides plenty of coverage for two people and the pups to sleep on top of as well. Surprisingly all of us fit in the 5ft bed with the tailgate very comfortably, was worried about it being a tight squeeze.

Reactions: F8LZ71

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Able to finally park next to the Graphite Metallic twin at work! Little comparison of stock vs 265/70’s, not the best lighting

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.