Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

my auto-heated seats not coming on?

15K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  Goodspike 
#1 ·
On my ZR2, what setting does my heater need to be on. right now when it is cold (right now below 20 most days) out my heated seats are not coming on when I remote start it. They were back in November and December.
I have the seats to set to ON with remote start, the temp control on auto and 72 degrees.

When I do remote start the AC and rear window heater come on (I have the rear widow set to on also)

what am I missing?

#2 ·
Not positive. But I've assumed as long as you left the climate control on Auto the seats would come on. I didn't realize you could have the seats on or off? Do you do this from the App?

#4 ·
Not positive. But I've assumed as long as you left the clima
te control on Auto the seats would come on. I didn't realize you could have the seats on or off? Do you do this from the App?
You need to select the heated seats on the main screen in the settings under vehicle settings. If you need further instructions I will post step by step.

Furthermore you can have the temp off, on, high, low , fan on or off, it doesn't matter, when you remote start the truck uses temp sensors to decide what temp heat and fan speed is necessary. In the middle of summer you could park your truck , turn heat to hot, remote start and it will blow nice cold a/c to cool, doesn't matter where you leave the settings, smart system. Oh and this is only if you have the auto climate control system.

#14 ·
I think you must be misremembering or confusing the operation of the heated seats in these trucks with another vehicle.
Hey, be nice to this old fart!!!!!!!

I think they are working as stated, they do not feel cold, just not bun warming hot when I get it, I love that you can have just the back of the seat heating. the wife's Grand Cherokee is all or nothing....

Reactions: DieselDrax
#15 ·
Hey, be nice to this old fart!!!!!!!

I think they are working as stated, they do not feel cold, just not bun warming hot when I get it, I love that you can have just the back of the seat heating. the wife's Grand Cherokee is all or nothing....
Hey, it's all good. Just wanted to make sure you didn't think there was a problem when there probably wasn't one. :)

My Denali doesn't have selectable butt/back heaters, it's all or nothing...but that's because I also have ventilated seats and that button takes up the space used by the other seat heater button for the non-Denali trucks.

I'm still amazed at how hot these seats get on high.

#3 ·
When remote started the seats come on with the selection you have made,BUT, the indicator lights will not be illuminated at the seat heater switch. Then when you turn key on you have to select seat heat settings, all the while the rear defrost will illuminate and not have to be turned on again when you put key in. My Denali HD Dmax did the same thing. I verified with a IR temp gun to make sure seat was getting warm during remote start before inserting key. I also find the seat warms quicker when you are sitting in it adding pressure on the elements.

#5 ·
My seats don't get warm at all when using remote start with heated seats enabled. What is the max temp your heated seats will reach? My dealership gave me a BS story that the seats were designed to only reach 90 deg F when on high. GM will not acknowledge this is an issue. I find it ironic an engineer would design heated seats to only reach 90 deg F when normal body temperature is 98.6 deg F.

#6 ·
The seats function as dmaxjr says above. Also, I think they heat up just a limited amount on remote start. Try running the whole 10 minute cycle and then restart for another 10. By that time, you should be able to feel it for sure.

#8 ·
This is covered in the owner's manual as well, it states that the heated seats are not as effective when nobody is sitting in them. The goal isn't to make the seats hot but to get rid of the bone-chilling cold that leather seats can have in very cold climates. I had a Jeep with heated leather seats but they didn't turn on with remote start, when the temps were in the single-digits after work I'd get in and the seats would zap my butt with cold, it was quite uncomfortable until the seats warmed up and for a few minutes beyond. When I remote start my Canyon I never have seats so cold that it's almost painful.

Remote Start Auto Heated and
Ventilated Seats
During a remote start, the heated or
ventilated seats can be turned on
automatically. When it is cold
outside, the heated seats turn on,
and when it is hot outside the
ventilated seats turn on. The heated
or ventilated seats are canceled
when the ignition is turned on. Press
the heated or ventilated seat button
to use the heated or ventilated seats
after the vehicle is started.
The heated or ventilated seat
indicator lights do not turn on during
a remote start.
The temperature performance of an
unoccupied seat may be reduced.
This is normal.
The heated or ventilated seats will
not turn on during a remote start
unless they are enabled in the
vehicle personalization menu.

Reactions: Lochlan84
#16 ·
fyi: you guys with 2015-16's the seats do not get as hot as 2017-18's do said:
Actually, it was just the 2015's that didn't get very warm/hot, and that's what the OP has. I have a 2016, and I have to turn it down from three lights to just one in a matter of a few minutes. Otherwise, my buns are burnt!! :grin2:

#17 ·
It's all bull **** and excuses THE REMOTE START HEATED SEATS DON'T WORK NO MATTER HOW COLD IT IS OR EVEN WHEN YOU SELECT IT ON MENUS. This was true on my 2015 2500 loaded truck and now on my 2018 ZR2. The ZR2 should have come with heated wheel at price range it was.
Ford and Ram always work at a temeratue you set, remote start or just get i n and go. BIG CHEVY FAIL

#18 ·
It's all bull **** and excuses THE REMOTE START HEATED SEATS DON'T WORK NO MATTER HOW COLD IT IS OR EVEN WHEN YOU SELECT IT ON MENUS. This was true on my 2015 2500 loaded truck and now on my 2018 ZR2. The ZR2 should have come with heated wheel at price range it was.
Ford and Ram always work at a temeratue you set, remote start or just get i n and go. BIG CHEVY FAIL
Well, mine come on with remote start with my ‘17. Sorry yours don’t seem to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
My 19 with remote start if temperature outside is below a certain reading (don't remember what it is) then my heated seats are nice and toasty when I get in with remote start if I wait a few minutes before getting in truck after starting it with remote start. Theres a setting under Vehicle Personalization that you turn on or off to make the function work. Don't know about earlier years.

#20 ·
Mine heated seats come on with remote start on my 2019 Colorado ZR2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.