Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

221 - 229 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
@KEVINMWARD I wish it was that simple (a return). The version I received does have 2 holes in the hitch tube and the correct latch position. I confirmed the version by phone with the owner before ordering. The manufacturer has twice replied to my emails suggesting "the easiest thing to do would be to modify the hitch receiver on your rig." My truck is relatively new and I am ignorant of how modifying the receiver would affect warranties... I am out of state on a work project for several more weeks but when I am home I will look into removing the wob-not mechanism and drilling a new hole in the hitch tube on the swing arm and using shims or something to prevent wobble as suggested above.

Lets retire this and return to thread to the original poster and purpose! I look forward to seeing more progress of the build!

·
Registered
50 Posts
@BisonPlus
Your making me nervous now loll,i ordered this a few days ago and ordered the same multi-fit use , i am not to big on drilling into my truck either as they said it was supposed to be plug and play basically . i wonder if it was a production error error or on the one they sent you or if it was just because of the bison bumper, i believe he had a zr2 not bison. Theres another guy on a Facebook group who installed it. i had sent him a message about his install and he said it was smooth, didn't have any issues. that's strange. Im trying to find the thread now where is spoke with him

·
Registered
9 Posts
@BisonPlus
Your making me nervous now loll,i ordered this a few days ago and ordered the same multi-fit use , i am not to big on drilling into my truck either as they said it was supposed to be plug and play basically . i wonder if it was a production error error or on the one they sent you or if it was just because of the bison bumper, i believe he had a zr2 not bison. Theres another guy on a Facebook group who installed it. i had sent him a message about his install and he said it was smooth, didn't have any issues. that's strange. Im trying to find the thread now where is spoke with him
@KEVINMWARD It is entirely a bison bumper issue. I was just disappointed because I had received some bad information that all I would need to clear it was delete the passenger rear recovery point (which I did before having the swing to measure for myself). The current clearance issue is with the bumper's rear tube only. If you don't have the bison bumper I'm sure it will work great!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #224 (Edited)
Wow... it has been awhile! But rear lights finally installed... went with inexpensive knock-offs for now. Will get the real Baja Design (like I have in the front) later.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looks good! I just did something similar, but have not yet wired them in. Thinking I;ll use the pigtail for the cargo light.

Reactions: wachuko

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Diode Dynamics now also has pod style lights that would be an upgrade, including a Pro series that should be on par with BD, and they have sales more often than BD does.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Looks good! I just did something similar, but have not yet wired them in. Thinking I;ll use the pigtail for the cargo light.
I thought about wiring them to that switch... I have the LED strips in the bed wired there. But it was easy to wire them to the backup lights.

Reactions: 93Duc

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Diode Dynamics now also has pod style lights that would be an upgrade, including a Pro series that should be on par with BD, and they have sales more often than BD does.
I was not aware... will check those out. Thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
As a follow up- I recently had a Hitch & Trailer (& custom fab) shop assess the ultra-swing/bison rear bumper situation and it was decided the easiest thing would be to simply grind off the small amount of metal blocking the pin (1/8" or so); leaving the factory receiver intact. With the pin in and wob-not secured I can't budge it.. and for now I left the small felt pad between the ultra-swing and tube of the bumper (I'll probably replace with silicon or something not inherently abrasive later).

221 - 229 of 229 Posts