Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

201 - 220 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Did you wire into a separate switch? or Wire them into your cargo light/Bed light setup?
I have mine and just got my lights this weekend and looking to get them up and running.
Looking for a quick solution now and then add an internal 4 or 6 switch setup later on.
Cheers
SiteCR2
I only got the brackets... have not purchased the lights yet...

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Installed the antenna bracket... Need to decide on which antenna to get...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thought I'd give a shout out to an awesome thread. It's helped guide me to mods I didn't even know I wanted and questions I didn't think to ask. I plan on posting a build thread of my own, but I figured I'd thank you first.....since I've pirated more then a few of your ideas. With that, thank you.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
Thought I'd give a shout out to an awesome thread. It's helped guide me to mods I didn't even know I wanted and questions I didn't think to ask. I plan on posting a build thread of my own, but I figured I'd thank you first.....since I've pirated more then a few of your ideas. With that, thank you.

I am the one that fell behind. Your truck looks amazing!! And it is what, ultimately, I want mine to look like. Details! Details please!!... let me search to see if you have a thread with the details of your build.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Found a guy on Youtube that was able to install a Rigd tire carrier alongside an AEV bumper. He was able to properly remove the passenger side recovery point.

"It is held in by 4 T55 bolts and then you just reinstall the bolts without the recovery hole portion. Have to take the bumper off and take off the plastic corner piece in order to access the interior two bolts."

Skip to 21:00 in the video to see the setup.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
That is going to be a lot of work... removing bumper and all... sucks... but at least there is a way to do it. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently tried to install a Rig'd Ultraswing Multi-fit to my '19 ZR2 Bison.. after having roughly ground off the recovery point.. unfortunately.. in my case the rear passenger tube on the bumper protecting the rear quarter panel still didn't allow clearance to install the receiver pin (pics below). Drilling a new hole in the ultraswing isn't possible because of the internal screw on the wob-nob?; does anyone know if drilling a new hole closer to the rear would reduce strength/integrity of the receiver? I imagine I would need to get it as close to the welded brace in the first image?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
I recently tried to install a Rig'd Ultraswing Multi-fit to my '19 ZR2 Bison.. after having roughly ground off the recovery point.. unfortunately.. in my case the rear passenger tube on the bumper protecting the rear quarter panel still didn't allow clearance to install the receiver pin (pics below). Drilling a new hole in the ultraswing isn't possible because of the internal screw on the wob-nob?; does anyone know if drilling a new hole closer to the rear would reduce strength/integrity of the receiver? I imagine I would need to get it as close to the welded brace in the first image?
I would not touch the truck... I would still drill the ultraswing and use an external clamp for dealing with the wobble...

I have almost given up on this... I will be installing the swingaway tire carrier back on the X5...

·
Registered
931 Posts
Rigid Armor has a swing down tire carrier that they are willing to make for the Bison, they've sent me how/where to take measurements from to see if an existing one of their carriers will work or if they need to design a new one. They swing down ones are only $450, they said they were willing to make a swing-out one too, obviously that would cost more. I had to put it on hold due to the salary deferment at work. So I have sent them the measurements.

https://www.rigid-armor.com/shop/tacoma-tire-carrier-single-arm

·
Registered
50 Posts

View attachment 395004 View attachment 395005
This almost looks liek exactly what they describe on the site

When you use the wrong ultra swing, check out that video that same problem with not being able to use the locking pin they describe that.

201 - 220 of 229 Posts