Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

181 - 200 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
These chairs are so much more comfortable than the ones I got for the RV... the ones in the RV have the lower back... these, with the higher back and the head rest... oh my... I think that I will be replacing the ones in the RV with a set of these as well... anyway, these now have permanent residence in my truck.

Packed, they are about the same size as the old ones that I have... Here are the two chairs with the table:

IMG_9536.jpg

One chair and the table. Table is not good for placing your plate to eat... this works best for setting your drink down or having snacks, or whatnot on it... Much lower than the ones I have in the RV (those fold flat but are higher when in use):

IMG_9539.jpg

Looking at the chair legs and the rubber feet... If they are the same diameter, I will remove the feet from the old ones and install those on these... I think that these will dig into the sandy terrain that we have in the parks here in FL... the ones on the old chairs (came with two sets) have a larger footprint that avoids sinking into the ground.

Oh, and just noticed the gap in the table... that was user error... when correctly assembled, the slats are even and close to each other.

Reactions: F8LZ71

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
These came in... AEV brackets for rear bumper lights.

IMG_9556.jpg

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
I so wanted to make the tire carrier work with the recovery hook in place... well... can't make it work as is. Last test was to see if I could drill a new hole for the securing pin. The position where I would need to drill is right in the way with the internal locking mechanism that it has...

So the only option to be able to use it is to remove that recovery hook...or take the carrier to a shop to have them remove that piece that slides in the tow hitch receiver and fabricate a longer one and then re-weld in its place...

IMG_9558.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,213 Posts
Well damn. :(

·
Registered
531 Posts
One chair and the table. Table is not good for placing your plate to eat... this works best for setting your drink down or having snacks, or whatnot on it... Much lower than the ones I have in the RV (those fold flat but are higher when in use):

View attachment 377959

Looking at the chair legs and the rubber feet... If they are the same diameter, I will remove the feet from the old ones and install those on these... I think that these will dig into the sandy terrain that we have in the parks here in FL... the ones on the old chairs (came with two sets) have a larger footprint that avoids sinking
Really? Come on the plate belongs on your lap/belly table not needed...you are camping for G-d's sakes...:)

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Really? Come on the plate belongs on your lap/belly table not needed...you are camping for G-d's sakes...:)
I know, I know!! It was to give an idea of the height of the table, LOL

·
Registered
48 Posts
how did the curved 37in light bar work out? I am trying to see if anyone has mounted a light bar behind the bison grill, I posted another thread about it - there is tons of space behind there, I am just not sure if there are any supports blocking a bar horizontally or not.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
how did the curved 37in light bar work out? I am trying to see if anyone has mounted a light bar behind the bison grill, I posted another thread about it - there is tons of space behind there, I am just not sure if there are any supports blocking a bar horizontally or not.
Perfect size to fit right between factory bumper bolts... but the brackets are too short... making new brackets but made a mistake on the first one and ran out of time yesterday... will cut out the brackets this weekend, bend, drill, paint and install...

Attachments

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Nothing done over the weekend... spent the weekend taking care of a sick friend.

These did come in on Friday and I put them on right away... I wanted some protection for the lens and figured it would be cool to have the option of yellow lights when needed. Dual purpose (protect and yellow). These also come in clear as well. Lights came with black covers but those render the lights useless with them on... these at least will allow me to be able to use them without having to get out to remove them, while still protecting the lights.
IMG_9691.jpg

I will try to work on the brackets for the the front light tonight...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nothing done over the weekend... spent the weekend taking care of a sick friend.

These did come in on Friday and I put them on right away... I wanted some protection for the lens and figured it would be cool to have the option of yellow lights when needed. Dual purpose (protect and yellow). These also come in clear as well. Lights came with black covers but those render the lights useless with them on... these at least will allow me to be able to use them without having to get out to remove them, while still protecting the lights. View attachment 378274

I will try to work on the brackets for the the front light tonight...
Don’t discount the black ones haha. Considering some states require you to have covers for your lights, in order to pass inspection. cough Virginia cough

The yellow is a nice touch though. I like it!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Don’t discount the black ones haha. Considering some states require you to have covers for your lights, in order to pass inspection. cough Virginia cough

The yellow is a nice touch though. I like it!
Good to know. I do keep the black ones stored in the truck if I ever need them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi buddy, reading up on your build! did you ever find a connector online for your bedlight set?? im looking to do mine soon and would love to have an OEM type connector. also do they turn on automatically or did you install a switch???

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Hi buddy, reading up on your build! did you ever find a connector online for your bedlight set?? im looking to do mine soon and would love to have an OEM type connector. also do they turn on automatically or did you install a switch???
The connector is in the harness... no need to buy one. That was nice of GM to keep it there. I only had to get the pins to insert in the connector.

There is a thread specific to this mod...here you go:

·
Registered
24 Posts
The connector is in the harness... no need to buy one. That was nice of GM to keep it there. I only had to get the pins to insert in the connector.

There is a thread specific to this mod...here you go:

Thank you kind sir!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Well, had to share... take a look at my future kitchen setup... bar has been set! Wow! Maybe sometime in 2025, :ROFLMAO:!!

I like everything about it... some things I was planning on doing like the pump with the water tank and the bungees to retract the wires... But using 80/20 and the way it collapses makes it such a clean build and amazing looking build. Wow, just wow...(y)

Reactions: 93Duc

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
To get the Wilco to fit you have to cut the two shackle mounts off, that is from AEV. I was considering a Bison rear bumper but the tire carrier is more important. You can use a recovery point at the the hitch.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did you wire into a separate switch? or Wire them into your cargo light/Bed light setup?
I have mine and just got my lights this weekend and looking to get them up and running.
Looking for a quick solution now and then add an internal 4 or 6 switch setup later on.
Cheers
SiteCR2

These came in... AEV brackets for rear bumper lights.

View attachment 377991

181 - 200 of 229 Posts