Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a long time since ive posted, the last time was actually when I purchased my truck.
Since then I have lurked a lot and done some work to my truck, I figure its a good time to post some updates and future plans.

Since my last post I have done the following:
-Air dam delete.
-Lettered grille installed,
-White tailgate bowtie (not pictured obviously),
-Ditch lights installed,
-Softopper.

Future plans:
-New wheels and tires - looking at the KMC XD132 RG2 wheels,
-(Probably) ditch the side steps - they dont do much in the way of practicality for me and I prefer the look without them,
-(Maybe) leveling kit - I love the look of leveled colorados but Im unsure if its worth any added wear to the suspension.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Welcome! If you do decide to ditch the side steps, you should not have any problem selling them. I believe that may be the first set of side steps that I have seen on here for an Extended Cab.

·
Super Moderator
4,055 Posts
Those are steel wheels right? Have you thought about painting them black? If you're going with an aggressive tire then steel wheels look pretty cool!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are steel wheels right? Have you thought about painting them black? If you're going with an aggressive tire then steel wheels look pretty cool!
Revisiting this while its on my mind, honestly thats not a bad idea. I always did like the utilitarian look of stock steelies. I probably wont go through the effort of painting the whole wheel black, but at the very least im pretty sure Im gonna be painting the center caps black pretty soon.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I thought that I was the only person out there that actually likes the steel wheel look. I did see a truck with the steel wheels painted black and they did look nice. I think that he left the centers stock. A black center on the ardent silver wheel would probably look neat.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
For a WT, that truck looks nice and coming along well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
For a WT, that truck looks nice and coming along well.
There is nothing wrong with a WT! Lol The best decisions I have made both with my 05 & 19 is starting with a WT because it allows you to make something unique and build something custom for your needs without a higher truck note. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
I thought that I was the only person out there that actually likes the steel wheel look. I did see a truck with the steel wheels painted black and they did look nice. I think that he left the centers stock. A black center on the ardent silver wheel would probably look neat.
Nice looking work truck. I had a 1" leveling kit installed but wish it were 2". What happened was I wanted a 2" but a 1" was mistakenly installed. They said a 2" will wear out joints faster. I don't know but kept t 1". Together with the air dam removed mine looks much better also. What you might want to do is paint the pinch welded sheet metal under the doors black. I did it on my silver LT and adds a nice tightened up look.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Nice truck, you can do alot with the WT. I have a 2018 WT. Have 2 inch level, 1 inch rear block and 1.25 inch body lift. Removed airdam. Added KO2s tires and added fog lights. And some other things. Have fun modding it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts