Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

My 2016 Colorado Z71 Duramax - Coalorado

6K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Subparj 
#1 · (Edited)
After removing my air dam earlier today I decided it's time to start posting pictures and progress of my truck, COALORADO. If I would have known it would have made this much of a difference I would have taken it off sooner...

2016 Colorado Z71 4wd
Crew Cab / Short Bed
Duramax
Bose w/ Navigation
Black Bow Ties

First mods after purchase in July of 2016:
Husky Floor Liners
Morimoto 5500K HIDs with XB35 Ballasts
Morimoto XB LED Fog Lights
Swap interior bulbs with LEDs
Line-X Premium Bedliner

Current Mod List:

• Engine / Performance
    • Flo-Pro SS Turbo Back Exhaust
    • hACKman Tuned w/ DSP4
    • Burger Motorsports Catch Can
    • Block Heater
    • Air Horn Removed
    • Sound Deadening Removed
  • Appearance / Exterior
    • Line-X Premium Bedliner
    • Debadged
    • Air Dam Removed
    • Color Matched Grill (compliments of being in an accident...)
    • Color Matched Fog Light Surrounds
    • Brushed Vinyl on Front Bow Tie
    • 15% Front / 30% Rear Window Tint
    • ZR2 Rock Sliders
    • A.R.E. Z-Series Cap
  • Interior / Audio
    • Husky Floor Liners
    • LEDs
    • Phoenix Android Radios 12.1 "Tesla" Radio
  • Lighting
    • Morimoto 4TL-R Projectors
    • Morimoto 5500K HIDs
    • Morimoto XB35 Ballasts
    • Morimoto XB LED Fog Lights
    • Interior LEDs
    • License Plate LEDs
    • Third Brake Light LED and Flasher
  • Suspension / Wheels
    • Rough Country 2" Level Kit
    • Fuel Vector D579 20x9 +7
    • Falken Wildpeak AT3W 275/55-20
    • Black, Spline Drive Lug Nuts
In Progress Mods:

Future Mod List:
Intercooler Pipes
Intake Pipe
Reasonable Lift
High Beam HID Projector Retrofit (Profile Hi-Lens LED Projector)
Rough Country Single Row Light Bar in Bumper
Various LED bulbs

See less See more
#3 ·
Window tint installed.

15% front with 30% over the rear, factory tinted windows.

Attachments

Reactions: maxbee25
#4 · (Edited)
Fuel Vector D579 in 20x9 +7
Falken Wildpeak AT3W in 275/60-20 (33" tall)

Moved the fender waffles forward by about 1" by drilling new holes under the bumper. This seemed much easier than the method of removing material from the back edge. I do have some minor rubbing through the turning range due to the .5" of Chevy Lean on the driver's side, but it seems good everywhere else. The sway bar and frame rub at full lock, but staying a 1/4 turn from lock keeps it happy.

I'm happy with the look although I would like maybe another inch of height in the front.

*Update*
Unfortunately the 60s are too tall and I have a rub I can't get rid of, so I will be dismounting them and putting on some 55 series tires. The 60s are 33" tall and the 55s are 32" tall.

#5 ·
I got my bracket back from anodize and was able to get it and the can installed today, I just need to find the time to get it plumbed in. So far I am happy with how it has turned out.

#7 ·
No, I took them off and wrapped them with black vinyl. I have seen others who have sprayed them with Plastidip, though.

#9 ·
Looks great and like the route you went! Have a '17 Canyon with the Baja UCAs, Kings front and rear, 1" rear block and putting those black Fuel Vectors in 17's with Wildpeak AT3's on today. Waiting to see any rubbing but should be ok went with 265/70/17's. Looking forward to seeing what you do in the power department - thanks for posting photos!

#10 ·
ZR2 Rock Sliders and Tonneau cover are on. For the time being I went with an inexpensive cover off of Amazon that had good reviews. It ended up being Tyger. I am happy with it so far.

Reactions: Savingpvtpyle
#11 · (Edited)
It's been awhile since I've posted an update, but there wasn't much to post. (Until now..)

I have recently installed a Phoenix Android Radio in the truck. I am still messing with it to get it how I want it, but it has some nice features.

I've also installed my DSP4 switch in the center console in anticipation of putting my Hackman tune on there and installing a stainless Flo-Pro exhaust. Hopefully I can find the time to get this done soon.

Also, I will be picking up an ARE Z Series cap in the next couple weeks, so look for some updated pictures of all of this when it's done.

Attachments

#16 ·
Updated the original post and will try to get some better pictures up when I have time to wash the truck, but I scored a good deal on an ARE Z-series cap and finally got my Flo-Pro exhaust and tunes on. It's a completely different truck now.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.