Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Vendor
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 GMC Canyon 4x4 SLT.

I bought it because I come from the world of BMW's and I love outdoor things but my extremely low 2003 BMW M3 can't get me too far.

I bought it in March of 2015.

Here is my list of mods.

Toyo Open COuntry A/T II
Method Con6 Bronze 18x9
Motorsort Tech 6x120 to 6x5.5 adapters.
Zone Off Road 5.5" Lift
RIPP Supercharger
Smittybilt X20 10,000 Lbs Winch
Midwest Overland Industries Winch mount.
Baja Designs Squadron Sports (3 pairs)
Switch Pros SP8100
Factor 55 Flatlink Expert
LED Head Lights
LED Reverse Lights
LED Fog Lights

((((((((Can someone help me with pictures?))))))))

They're all on google photos and don't know how to link them here.

Reactions: UnlimitedMatt

·
Registered
28 Posts
There should be a share icon where you can select "get a link"

I was in the same boat as you, coming from the BMW world but definitely needed something more Colorado appropriate. I took my 335i places it shouldn't have been haha

·
Vendor
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Instagram @e46rider

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Her are some pictures.

·
Registered
344 Posts

I bought it because I come from the world of BMW's and I love outdoor things but my extremely low 2003 BMW M3 can't get me too far.

I bought it in March of 2015.

Here is my list of mods.

Toyo Open COuntry A/T II
Method Con6 Bronze 18x9
Motorsort Tech 6x120 to 6x5.5 adapters.
Zone Off Road 5.5" Lift
RIPP Supercharger
Baja Designs Squadron Sports (3 pairs)
Switch Pros SP8100
Factor 55 Flatlink Expert
LED Head Lights
LED Reverse Lights
LED Fog Lights

((((((((Can someone help me with pictures?))))))))

They're all on google photos and don't know how to link them here.
What do you think of the winch? Used it much? Need to get one for my trailer. Is the synthetic cable worth the extra dough?

·
Vendor
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do you think of the winch? Used it much? Need to get one for my trailer. Is the synthetic cable worth the extra dough?
Not a clue, installed it a week ago and haven't used it yet.

Reactions: muck

·
Registered
126 Posts
How are you liking the supercharger? I was thinking about possibly getting the Mallett supercharger next year but wasn't sure if it's worth the extra money over the RIPP.
The roots vs centrifugal supercharger debate! The roots-style charger (as used by Mallett) will provide more low-end torque and the power increase drops off in the higher RPM range. Conversely, the centrifugal supercharger (as used by RIPP) adds very little at all in the lower RPMs, but adds a *lot* in the higher RPM range. The centrifugal supercharger will yield higher peak horsepower figures, while the roots-style blower will typically yield more power under the curve, focusing on the lower power band.

Most daily-driven vehicles 'feel' the most improvement in the lower end. In my opinion, the increased torque and HP in the lower RPM range suits a truck better, according to its typical usage. For those reasons, I plan to have the Mallett Supercharger kit installed on my ZR2.

My friend had a Honda S2000, a small sporty girl car similar to a Mazda Miata, that made great peak horsepower figures (due to the VTEC), but the extra boost from the VTEC only happened above 9000 RPM. In a daily-driven street environment, that car sucked ... because nobody drives in traffic at 9000 RPM. It wasn't easy to achieve the horsepower on the street. In a very rough comparison, that would be like a centrifugal supercharger. Great up high, when it's working ... if it's working ... but gives little-to-nothing down low. Anyway.. just some food for thought.

·
Registered
126 Posts

Here is my list of mods.

Do you know if Midwest Overland Industries plans to make a version of the winch mount for the ZR2? I looked at their website, and the fabrication looks top-notch. Thanks!

Colorado Winch Bumper

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I'm not him, but I do have four winches, and all of them have synthetic line. Lighter, thinner, more weight pulling power, floats, easier respool. Only downside is UV resistance. Never using steel cable again.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The roots vs centrifugal supercharger debate! The roots-style charger (as used by Mallett) will provide more low-end torque and the power increase drops off in the higher RPM range. Conversely, the centrifugal supercharger (as used by RIPP) adds very little at all in the lower RPMs, but adds a *lot* in the higher RPM range. The centrifugal supercharger will yield higher peak horsepower figures, while the roots-style blower will typically yield more power under the curve, focusing on the lower power band.

Most daily-driven vehicles 'feel' the most improvement in the lower end. In my opinion, the increased torque and HP in the lower RPM range suits a truck better, according to its typical usage. For those reasons, I plan to have the Mallett Supercharger kit installed on my ZR2.

My friend had a Honda S2000, a small sporty girl car similar to a Mazda Miata, that made great peak horsepower figures (due to the VTEC), but the extra boost from the VTEC only happened above 9000 RPM. In a daily-driven street environment, that car sucked ... because nobody drives in traffic at 9000 RPM. It wasn't easy to achieve the horsepower on the street. In a very rough comparison, that would be like a centrifugal supercharger. Great up high, when it's working ... if it's working ... but gives little-to-nothing down low. Anyway.. just some food for thought.
Exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. Thanks!

·
Vendor
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Exactly the kind of answer I was looking for. Thanks!
Yeah, I didn't buy it for that reason. I just got it because I like forced induction. These trucks don't need any more power than stock for most things you will do.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Very nice!! You should post up your control panel separate, I know there was other interest for the guys with the sport bar and other overheads of how to better use that space without the recess. Full custom fabrication for that I assume?

·
Vendor
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Received my rack from 589 fab

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Rack looks great. The copper wheels are an interesting contrast to the chrome and green.

I don't think I could handle having 4 Squadrons hanging out like that. That's serious money to put into area lighting, the one thing that chinesium LEDs from Amazon can handle. I'd be too worried about theft or worse, clipping them off with a tree branch.

Their angled heat sinks look perfect against the rack, though. How do you have them switched?

·
Vendor
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did think about that but if I'm not with the truck it's in the garage. I'll see how it goes in the future. I was going to get someone to fab up a little cage around them to protect and secure them.

·
Vendor
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They're switched with a Switch Pro

Rack looks great. The copper wheels are an interesting contrast to the chrome and green.

I don't think I could handle having 4 Squadrons hanging out like that. That's serious money to put into area lighting, the one thing that chinesium LEDs from Amazon can handle. I'd be too worried about theft or worse, clipping them off with a tree branch.

Their angled heat sinks look perfect against the rack, though. How do you have them switched?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.