·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Welcome!

Reactions: ebris

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Welcome to the forum, post some pictures of your ride and pets(if you have them) we like pictures

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
pics are a necessity on this site so sooner=better

welcome btw

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have found vehicle specific forums to be a great help for good basic knowledge. Just remember there could be a bad apple or two in the mix .

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
So why weren't you run off?
What issues have you worked through?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So why weren't you run off?
What issues have you worked through?
A week after I got the truck (with 26k miles) I started feeling shuddering when accelerating around 1st and 2nd speed. I brought it to the dealer and they said it's "fine", though they will flush the transmission fluid. They said they know that happens also to Silverados.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Thats not the typical shudder point. could be other things.
Did you try accelerating in tow/haul mode on? That mode retards or stops clutch engagement.
Did the flush fix your issue?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you try accelerating in tow/haul mode on? That mode retards or stops clutch engagement.
I have also felt some jerking at different speeds, it's random and it feels super bad at some points. I have not had the fluids flush yet (will be 2 weeks from now). I will try Today the tow/haul mode on to see if anything changes. This is my 2nd week with the car, I am still getting familiar with it.

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
2,264 Posts
Welcome Aboard.
Are you getting a Shudder? or the 1-2, 2-1 Hard Shift? When cold the 8 speed transmission sometimes is known to hard shift

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome Aboard.
Are you getting a Shudder? or the 1-2, 2-1 Hard Shift? When cold the 8 speed transmission sometimes is known to hard shift
Yes, the shudder is definitely happening, but not only when cold. I was driving Yesterday like 50 miles around the city and it happens the whole time I need to stop at a stoplight. I tried the tow/haul mode on and it feels better but still some hard shift and jerks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have also felt some jerking at different speeds, it's random and it feels super bad at some points. I have not had the fluids flush yet (will be 2 weeks from now). I will try Today the tow/haul mode on to see if anything changes. This is my 2nd week with the car, I am still getting familiar with it.
This definitively helps, but still feeling weird shudders randomly.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
This definitively helped, but still feeling weird shudders randomly.
Its looking more like a programming or fluid pressure issue. I would do a flash and re-learn on the transmission, or DIY, disconnect the battery for an hour so everything has to re-learn.
Drive it like you stole it for a week. ATF level should be checked just to make sure you have the right amount. Don't assume any flooid level is right unless you've verified it.

Reactions: gherbert and ebris

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its looking more like a programming or fluid pressure issue. I would do a flash and re-learn on the transmission, or DIY, disconnect the battery for an hour so everything has to re-learn.
Drive it like you stole it for a week. ATF level should be checked just to make sure you have the right amount. Don't assume any flooid level is right unless you've verified it.
perfect! I will definitively do this and I will bring it to check the fluid levels. Thank you so much for the tip!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Yes, the shudder is definitely happening, but not only when cold. I was driving Yesterday like 50 miles around the city and it happens the whole time I need to stop at a stoplight. I tried the tow/haul mode on and it feels better but still some hard shift and jerks.
the shudder happens between 40 and 60 mph with a slight acceleration or slight up hill holding the same speed.

Reactions: Gunny and ebris

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
did you get it solved in your car?
the first day I felt it I made an appointment with the dealer, parked it for a couple days took it in and they did the TSB on it..30,000 miles ago.
Guys that have driven it with that issue for a while ended up ruining the torque converter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the first day I felt it I made an appointment with the dealer, parked it for a couple days took it in and they did the TSB on it..30,000 miles ago.
Guys that have driven it with that issue for a while ended up ruining the torque converter.
ahh, that should be why they told me they will do the flush and, if the problem lasts, they will change the torque. Glad you said that. I will pay close attention to what they do, just in case. Thank you!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts