Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well lets see we have the bagged club the lifted club and all that fun stuff and thats good. But in my eyes to lift your truck change the tires or any of that just for looks is a joke. So anybody that goes muddin, offroad, and just likes to push the truck to the max this is the place. Driving through a puddle or down a dirt road doesn't count :D

I have a couple recent offroad pics in my gallery nothing great but hey it hasn't rained much here lately.

MUD CLUB MEMBER #1

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
We have one of these.... It's called the Lifted Club. :D

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Putting a TB crank or 2" shackles is not really lifted in my book. I know literally its lifted but its just a cheap way to make it look a little higher but not really improve your off road handing. And I am sure the majority on the lifted club just stay on the road :cry:

·
Registered
224 Posts
shotgunsalute said:
Putting a TB crank or 2" shackles is not really lifted in my book. I know literally its lifted but its just a cheap way to make it look a little higher but not really improve your off road handing. And I am sure the majority on the lifted club just stay on the road :cry:
You could be right, butt....

I did the 2" thing because #1: that's all there was when I got my truck back in March of 2004; #2: I'm cheap, err, frugal; and #3: it's all I needed for the places I go - Pismo Beach/Oceano Dunes, the Sierras and the Great Basin. The 2" gave me the clearance that was lacking without screwing up the on-road drivability.

I have a full set of Rancho shocks I put on when planning off-road trips - that's what really improves the off-road manners of the truck. But then I switch back to the OEM shocks for everyday driving because the Ranchos are just too harsh, IMO.

And since I live in what is generally considered to be a desert (without the great reservoirs that have been built, California would be a wasteland like the rest of the southwest) I don't see too much mud.

So I take exception to your statement that a 2" lift does not "really improve your off road handing." I say, from experience, that it does. But more importantly, it's shocks and tires that make the most difference.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Their is nothing wrong with a 2" lift I meant the 2" shackle lift everyone on here talks about. What does adding new shackles do if your not adding another leaf in there. Its pretty much pointless.

·
Registered
224 Posts
shotgunsalute said:
Their is nothing wrong with a 2" lift I meant the 2" shackle lift everyone on here talks about. What does adding new shackles do if your not adding another leaf in there. Its pretty much pointless.
You can do a 2 " lift with either shackles or with springs. Since I didn't want to change the ride characteristics, I went with the shackles. Adding a leaf would have stiffened it up, which I didn't want. So for me, it wasn't a "pointless" exercise. And at the time, no one had leafs available - I would have had to go custom which I just didn't want to deal with. Still don't - I'm simply not that vain that I have to have some sort of "bling" no one else has. I modify my vehicles to fit my needs, not to impress others. If something works, I leave it alone.

Shackles worked for my needs. Obviously, a leaf worked for your needs. What's pointless is your attitude. :roll:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ohhh I am sorry you need a hug come here :cry: I am so happy for your shackles and that you are so proud of them thank you for taking your time and expressing the love of your shackles.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Got to agree with shotgun, lift is body or suspension, shackles are for looks.

Can't wait till this summer. HaspenAcres here I come.

MudClub #8

·
Registered
522 Posts
Shackles are a form of lift. They raise the height of the truck and increase rear suspension travel. That is it, plain and simple. Not everyone has 2 grand + to throw down on a lift and wheels and tires. My 2 inch lift is still a lift. I do go off road. I get muddy. There are a lot of guys here that use their 2 inch lift for more than just looks.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts