Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,125 Posts
I am bumping this somewhat dormant thread to say that I installed one of the Motorola units into the USB port in the center console box between the seats and it has worked flawlessly. Because it's inside the box, it's out of the way and out of sight. It takes about 20 to 30 seconds to connect at start up, but then works great. I am using it with a Galaxy 22 Ultra and primarily with my Audible app, but it makes and receives phone calls without any issues. It is a bit pricey, IMHO (and tightwad opinion) but if seamless and wireless connectivity to Android Auto is what you seek, this unit delivers.

·
Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
1,064 Posts
I am bumping this somewhat dormant thread to say that I installed one of the Motorola units into the USB port in the center console box between the seats and it has worked flawlessly. Because it's inside the box, it's out of the way and out of sight. It takes about 20 to 30 seconds to connect at start up, but then works great. I am using it with a Galaxy 22 Ultra and primarily with my Audible app, but it makes and receives phone calls without any issues. It is a bit pricey, IMHO (and tightwad opinion) but if seamless and wireless connectivity to Android Auto is what you seek, this unit delivers.
The trucks built in Bluetooth takes 20-30 seconds to connect generally so this is pretty good to hear. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon All Terrain X CCSB 4WD
5 Posts
I've been using AA wireless in my truck now since October and it's been pretty flawless for the most part. Starts up fast, works with the Google assistant, maps, Spotify, Tidal, soundcloud, YouTube, and calls/text messages/WhatsApp.

It's been a godsend since using the corded connection would charge my phone extremely slow (I can now use my cigarette lighter charger with USB C to fast charge my phone) not to mention that the slightest touch of my phone while connected via USB would disconnect Android auto.

I have a Pixel 5 and AA wireless worked fine on both Android 11 and 12. The wait for AA wireless is worth it!

·
Registered
2020 Satin Steel Metallic Colorado Z71 4WD Crew Cab Short Bed
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
My Motorola MA1 continues to work flawlessly. Coming up on four months now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
FYI, just got the email pasted below from the folks at AAWireless. Sounds like they've grown successfully!
I still can't complain about my Motorola MA1 unit, it continues to work perfectly for me, but I only went Motorola because, at the time, I knew I'd have the unit within a week. AAWireless was struggling through obstacles and uncertainty at that same time.
I really am glad they got past the hurdles, because the principal owners were VERY responsive to me, and appear to be completely hands-on with their product and business.
So much so that one of the owners actually helped me with an issue with my Motorola unit, when Motorola's support staff either didn't know the solution, or couldn't be bothered helping me!!
My interaction with Motorola Support was piss poor. If the AAWireless guy hadn't helped me out, the MA would have been returned or sold.

Personally, if I was buying one of these dongles today, or if my MA1 was to crap out, I'd be ordering an AAWireless unit.

Here's the email:

WebShop
Hi all.

As we have previously posted, we are going live with our webshop, and it's happening now.

Users outside the EU can now place orders directly from our webshop on:
https://shop.aawireless.io/

For EU backers, we are working on the final steps to get everything ready and legal. Meanwhile EU backers can keep backing the project on IndieGoGo.

We will keep our IndieGoGo campaign running a bit longer, until we can do a full transition. On IndieGoGo we will be shipping out units every Monday for perks claimed the previous week. Via the webshop orders will shipped out as soon as we can.

Thanks again to all of you who made this journey possible.

·
Registered
2017 GMC Canyon Denali CCSB V6 4X4
321 Posts
Hey guys, I'm still happy with my MA1 but look what just showed up on Amazon:
AA Wireless Adapter for Android Auto https://a.co/d/4Oj3EoM

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,125 Posts
Says Currently unavailable. One reviewer with a 2017 Colorado says he never got it to work.
It also has a 3 star rating vs the 4.5 star rating for the Motorola unit. Of course you can not buy something that is not in stock, but based on rating alone and Motorola's reputation, I would pay the extra for the Motorola unit. I have zero problems with mine and pairing it was a piece of cake.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Idk, I wouldn't go by the Amazon reviews. As of this writing, Amazon shows the reviews at 50% five star and 50% one star, but I can only see three reviews. Oddly enough, the reviews are two five star and one one star (not sure how that adds up to 50/50), none of the reviews are by verified purchasers, and the AA units just started selling on Amazon.
If you want to read comments and reviews on the AA unit, I'd go here:
or here:

Availability has always been spotty at best for both units.

FWIW, I do not have the AA Wireless unit.
I have the Motorola unit, and it works just fine for me.

However, I did do a LOT of reading on the two units before I bought mine (although I did get the Motorola on the very first release wave), and I would have bought the AA Wireless unit if there had been any type of reasonable delivery time available. At that time, there was not. AA Wireless was having very significant logistic troubles, and people were waiting months and months for their units.
I like the separate wire feature for the AA Wireless unit (Motorola wire is permanently attached to the unit, and is very short), and in my experience, the customer support reaction/involvement is MUCH better from AA Wireless. Of course, that would be assuming the AA Wireless unit worked with my phone in my truck. I suspect it would.

Ironically, when I got my Motorola unit, I had an issue connecting (older phone). I asked Motorola, and they said they would get back to me. They never did. Ignored my follow ups.
On a whim, I mentioned it to the AA Wireless owners on Indiegogo. They answered my question, and solved the issue. In two hours. Knowing I had a competitor's product.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Target.com has MA1 with a short leadtime (or did a couple days ago when I ordered). Just got it plugged in yesterday and pretty happy with how fast it connects and reliability. Pretty awesome "update"

·
Registered
380 Posts
That's a great clean install. Unfortunately my 22 lost that center console usb plug. I don't think it would work in the back seat usbs would it?

·
Premium Member
6,125 Posts
That's a great clean install. Unfortunately my 22 lost that center console usb plug. I don't think it would work in the back seat usbs would it?
It might. I would not be surprised to find the two were connected together. If I think about it, I will try plugging mine in back there and see if it works.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts