Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,379 Posts
Yes but you'll need a custom made wiring harness, LS bell housing and input shaft for the trans(if automatic) or LS adaptor plate for the 5 sp manual trans e40 pcm(if you're using a gen 3 5.3l), gas pedal from a v8 trailblazer, ac lines,power steering lines and maybe the oil pan from a 2009-2012 factory v8 colorado/canyon, ls motor mounts, you'll need to "massage" the firewall a bit to fit the 5.3L.... I'm sure I'm missing some things

Look up Current Performance wiring on Google or whatever. They will have a lot of what you need

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Yes anything is possible with enough time money and skill.

If you are doing a 3.5 it would be a first I have seen as most people have no interest in this combo. Now if it is a 5.3 you are doing there are a few V8 conversions here. I am not aware of any direct bolt in kits but you can search for the treads to see what they have done.

·
Super Moderator
5,379 Posts
Well my dyslexia must have kicked in because I totally read 5.3, lol

To answer the OP's question I think it depends on the year of the 3.7L truck... I believe a 2007 truck can swap in a 3.5l relatively easy but a 2008 - 2012 has a different reluctor wheel, sensors, pcm plus a separate TCM ect...

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Gee, I've seen hemi's in Volkswagen Beetles, various small block V-8's in Corvairs, motorcycles and even a snowblower, and helicopter jet engines in tractors so yes, I'm pretty sure your swap is possible. Probably not nearly as difficult as any of those I mentioned either.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gee, I've seen hemi's in Volkswagen Beetles, various small block V-8's in Corvairs, motorcycles and even a snowblower, and helicopter jet engines in tractors so yes, I'm pretty sure your swap is possible. Probably not nearly as difficult as any of those I mentioned either.
You haven't lived til you've seen the reaction of a Ford guy to an LS-swapped Mustang :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts