Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried numerous times to contact real truck customer service on chat, by email and on the phone all get is the same email telling me it has been assigned to a customer service agent who will get back in touch. I have yet to get an answer from anybody.. I have gotten everything except for my proryde lift blocks even the stuff coming from California has shipped. So why can't I get an answer telling me why they have not shipped... i have had to contact proryde directly to try and get some answers.... Still waiting on them also. I am also notifying affirm of the situation since those parts are being financed as part of a larger order. Next will be the BBB.

·
Registered
273 Posts
A LOT of businesses are short staffed on customer service right now due to the whole pandemic lockdown situation and aren't setup for work-from-home.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow.... Then why are they able to answer the phone emails and take orders.. I've already spoken to the manufacturer and they are open as well.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
A customer had an issue last week with real truck, Real Truck guy came on here and said they are short handed like most other places are.

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
1,244 Posts
I work in the Distribution End for a Large Corporation that pretty much everyone here knows.
Early on we have had between 20% to 50% of staff not coming into the facilities.
My site is trying to keep up. We are now doing 6 day weeks. Last week I worked 64 hours and looks like this week will be another.
Shipments to us are delayed. We have most of our products but not all.
This Pandemic has caused lost of issues.

Real Truck has been around a long time and been good from what I have heard. Would think the issue is them getting the supplies in and not having enough staff to contact the customers when there is an issue.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you think weeks to even get that as a response from them is acceptable. Not even a we are sorry still working on it. Although you have done exactly what I would of expected from them and you don't even work for them... Maybe they should hire you. Any way I'm over it just going to order from peak have spoken to them and they have lift blocks in stock and ready to ship..

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Working in this industry there are several things in play.

#1 short staffs can be an issue at some places. Many are working from home some are not and if not they are short staffed. Even MFGs staffs in some cases working from home.

#2 e mail and Chat is never staffed as well as phones even in normal conditions. So expect delays with most in this area.

#3 Buisness in the auto and truck aftermarket is going crazy right now. With everyone sitting home and with income tax returns and stimulus money people are working on their vehicles.
The truth is most places in the industry are struggling to answer all the sales calls let alone the customers service call.

#4 some Larger companies shipping is on time or a bit slower. Smaller companies can be a lot slower,

#5 there are going to be possibilities of delays for some products on back order and special order parts as some MFGs could be closed or production stopped.

#6 some shippers have delayed some shipping for medical supplies. This can slow some shipping. I just ordered some computer parts and they were delayed due to this. Amazon’s even has done the same.

Right now is the perfect storm as demand is high and there are many limitations due to the virus. The best thing to do is plan ahead on what you may need. Order early. Expect times to be longer. It also may be longer on items not in stock.

These companies all will work hard to get your parts and to your calls but it may be slower than normal. Many are working hard and longer hours so be prepared.

Shop magazine about a week ago sent an e mail out explaining the challenges and most distributors are being effected. Things should get better as states open up.

We will get through this and things will get back to normal but for a while it may be slow.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Do you think weeks to even get that as a response from them is acceptable. Not even a we are sorry still working on it. Although you have done exactly what I would of expected from them and you don't even work for them... Maybe they should hire you. Any way I'm over it just going to order from peak have spoken to them and they have lift blocks in stock and ready to ship..
I am not saying that not getting a response for weeks is acceptable.
But, I do understand that complications that are going on. Depending on what it is that you are missing is could have many issues causing it.
If anything comes from overseas, sometimes containers get stuck n customs.
If the truck involved in transporting it , was in an accident or some mishap. The insurance company could now be involved.
Add to these regular issues. Businesses are closed due to this Pandemic. Workers are sick or just not coming to work. Which adds lots more complications.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So it s from proryde in Minnesota and I have spoken to them and they have the blocks in stock and ready to ship. The off the wall thing is the parts from eibach in corona California shipped my stuff it was the first thing to get to me. Any how it gets here when it gets here. But I've ordered from peak and they will be here next week... My lesson from all this is always order from the manufacturer direct if you can.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Not helping (just humor), but perhaps this is the universe telling you to skip the blocks and lift it properly. Add-a-leaf or leafpack. Heck, even an extended shackle is better. Carry on!

💩

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shackles will give you more side to side flex and you will still need to shim the rear to adjust to the angle of the u joint. A 2" block tapered will work just fine for now. As far as the springs can't afford those right now and no need to replace at this time.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
So it s from proryde in Minnesota and I have spoken to them and they have the blocks in stock and ready to ship. The off the wall thing is the parts from eibach in corona California shipped my stuff it was the first thing to get to me. Any how it gets here when it gets here. But I've ordered from peak and they will be here next week... My lesson from all this is always order from the manufacturer direct if you can.
Sometimes different Vendors actually have they products shipped direct from the manufacturer. .
I have ordered from different companies and had some that shipped everything themselves and others some shipped by manufacturers. I had an issue with with one company before that I ordered from. The big Vendor I will still deal with. That manufacturer, I will never buy from again.
The product was not as described, took longer to get, was incomplete, poor quality.

In your situation was RealTruck supposed to ship it to you or ProRyde supposed to ship it direct to you?

I would evaluate the value of each to determine if I would deal with either again.

But RealTruck not getting back to you is not a good thing. Even with this Weeks is a tough thing to explain.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is out of control. I'm not really sure what is going on at real truck. But I still have not gotten an email or a response from Chris who I sent the info to a week ago just like he asked. .... corona virus is not an excuse for poor customer service and that's just what this is.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
This is out of control. I'm not really sure what is going on at real truck. But I still have not gotten an email or a response from Chris who I sent the info to a week ago just like he asked. .... corona virus is not an excuse for poor customer service and that's just what this is.
I totally feel for you on this.
With everything that you have stated so far. I personally wouldn't do business again with them.
That is how I would handle it.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
It is if you happen to have it... 😜

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It look at it this way Tom if you can take my money, answer the phone , send emails and process other customers orders then there are people available to respond to me. I should be able to get a simple answer as to WHERE THE F*** ARE MY PARTS? I have spent a lot of money with them and don't deserve to get jerked around. I have been more than patient.

·
Site Sponsor
417 Posts
No corona here. We certainly dropped the ball for Jiggy but are working to fix it. Im going to pass along my email as well so you have a more direct line of communication with me than the forums.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts