Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car apparently has a minimum volume for voice commands (navigation, android auto, etc) and it's WAY too loud. You'll see it as a red bar in the volume bar that displays when a voice is talking.

Is there a setting to turn the minimum voice volume down? I sure as heck can't find one anywhere.

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2 as it came from the factory
346 Posts
First off I have no idea. But like some old school landline phones and other stuff you might be able to adjust that volume with the knob when the voice speach is active and that red bar is shown. Just an idea. Like on the old school stuff that set that volume. Like ringer volume and such.

Sit, Ubu, sit.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you turn the volume down while it's talking it won't go below the minimum volume

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2 as it came from the factory
346 Posts
When you turn the volume down while it's talking it won't go below the minimum volume
Ah. Hmm. I'll have to play around with this. Is it while using the built in voice control system by short pressing the steering wheel button?

Sit, Ubu, sit.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's any voice from the head unit, built-in navigation, android auto, all of it.

·
Registered
2021 Black \/6 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box
1,689 Posts
On my iPhone- silencing the phone via the switch prevents it from playing back through my speakers.
I don’t use built in nav but the settings in the built in Nav app allow full mute of navigation volume.

it may be an app by app deal.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like I have the older unit.

I want the nav, I just don't want it yelling at me.

I think maybe installing the Kicker system upped the volume a touch, and took the minimum volume from "soft" to "annoying". But I don't see why there is a required minimum volume to begin with. It's a stupid thing to put in there.

·
Registered
2021 Black \/6 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box
1,689 Posts
You checked the settings from within the Nav app?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts