Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Milestar Patagonia M/T

6K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  F8LZ71 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently swapped out my Falken Wildpeak A/T3W LT285/70/17 for a set of the Milestar Patagonia in the same size. Since there isn't a main thread for these tires I figure we needed one. ?

I first became aware of these tires when @Savingpvtpyle put them on his truck a couple of years ago. I started seeing them with more frequency on various Jeep-centric YouTube videos, particularly the Lite Brite channel. Keven really puts these tires through hell on his highly modified Wrangler JLU so after reading a ton of reviews and opinions I decided to give them a try.

The main appeal for these tires is the price. They are relatively inexpensive compared to many other popular MTs on the market. They feature a very unique tread design that combines an almost AT tire tread block pattern down the center of the tire combined with widely spaced aggressive blocks on the edges of the tire. This should create a fairly quiet MT with enough bite to get the job done when the going gets rough or muddy. A 3ply sidewall provides ample protection against punctures yet remains flexible when airing down. Watch some the Lite Brite videos for the crazy sidewall flex.

LT285/70/17E mounted on DV8 887 17x9" wheel. I snagged these on sale for $132/ea at America's Tire (division of @Discount Tire )

I'll be posting my review as I get more miles on them. For right now I will say they are not what I would call quiet. They sound like a mud terrain, not an all-terrain. It could be my alignment is off or they just need to break in. Stay tuned....

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
Jeeeez! Those look beefy! Very nice. Looking forward to your impressions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: F8LZ71
#3 ·
Your going to like them. On and off road they ride so much smoother, track and clean out very well. And now in the snow I no longer shovel my driveway, first tire to ever make it and I can even stop and start with out spinning. As for road noise I don't notice it much only when braking hard. If it bothers you there's a button on the back of the steering wheel that will fix that for you.;)

Reactions: overpakd and F8LZ71
#4 ·
Thanks! I ordered some 1" wheel spacers and I'll get my alignment checked soon. Hopefully the loud ringing harmonic is due to my alignment or just a bad tire as opposed to the normal sound these tires make. EVERYONE comments on how quiet they are for an MT so my situation is probably an anomoly.

#5 ·
I'm still waiting on my 1" wheel spacers before I go in for an alignment. I'm hoping that cures some of the noise.

Wet traction seems to be close to that of the LT Wildpeak AT3W but not as good as the p-metric version.

Snow traction is great so far. I've only taken it out once and the snow was crusty and temps were around 34F. On the packed slick snow the traction was poor in 2wd, as expected, but in 4wd it was great. On the more virgin snow they did very well. I can't wait to try them in freshly fallen powder and slushy snow. I'll wait until then to fully form an opinion.

I was doing some traction control and stabilitrak testing here.

#6 ·
I've put more miles on them and gave them a good thrashing during a 2 day snow wheeling trip. They perform excellently in snow! I'm seriously impressed.

The noise never went away but had gotten ever so slightly better but I had my alignment done today and my toe was WAY out of spec. This could have contributed to my noise issue in a big way given the very unique tread design these tires feature. At speeds below 60mph on the trip home the tires made less noise and sounded like an AT tire for the most part. I am hopeful I got the alignment corrected before too much damage was done. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.