Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fully deleted 2.8, but I have 3 messages that won't go away "service exhaust fluid system"
"speed limited to 158 MPH" (this is because of the tune without tune it would say 5 MPH) and "exhaust fluid quality poor" sometimes I get "see owners manual" I did my delete very soon after buying my truck and the tuners I used have been unable to help. Does anyone know how I can get these off? I think it has something to do with some connectors I disconnected. Not sure, any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
You need fluid in DEF tank so the sensor recognizes it isn't empty. Not sure if any tuner can bypass the DEF level sensor.
Your other issues can be solved with a better tuner that can work around the NOx sensor reading.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need fluid in DEF tank so the sensor recognizes it isn't empty. Not sure if any tuner can bypass the DEF level sensor.
Your other issues can be solved with a better tuner that can work around the NOx sensor reading.
Tank reads as full when I occasional see the dash. 3 tuners have messed with it so far and no luck. In the beginning I was told its because its a 2019. Now i've had one tuner give up and refund me. Another just ghosted me and the one I'm working with now I have to say has been very good following up and trying different things. I really think I disconnected to much when I set it up. So what I am looking for is what is suppose to remain hooked up and what isn't. The tune loads into the truck and I can drive it. Just annoying messages and I get the exhaust light blinking constantly. Any help or direction is greatly appreciated ive been dealing with this for over a year.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Tank reads as full when I occasional see the dash. 3 tuners have messed with it so far and no luck. In the beginning I was told its because its a 2019. Now i've had one tuner give up and refund me. Another just ghosted me and the one I'm working with now I have to say has been very good following up and trying different things. I really think I disconnected to much when I set it up. So what I am looking for is what is suppose to remain hooked up and what isn't. The tune loads into the truck and I can drive it. Just annoying messages and I get the exhaust light blinking constantly. Any help or direction is greatly appreciated ive been dealing with this for over a year.
If you want some helpful answers here, the first thing you should do is list what you disconnected in detail for us please.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you want some helpful answers here, the first thing you should do is list what you disconnected in detail for us please.
Makes sense, starting with the exhaust, every sensor was disconnected, however I was told to leave the one for the DEF hooked up, but unplugged. Other than that everything was unplugged and removed or tied up. EGR was removed and plugs that went to that were disconnected. The EGR ones literally have nothing to plug into. Also unplugged the plug that hooks ot the DEF tank in the rear of truck under the spare tire.

I think that's it.

Appreciate any and all info.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Makes sense, starting with the exhaust, every sensor was disconnected, however I was told to leave the one for the DEF hooked up, but unplugged. Other than that everything was unplugged and removed or tied up. EGR was removed and plugs that went to that were disconnected. The EGR ones literally have nothing to plug into. Also unplugged the plug that hooks ot the DEF tank in the rear of truck under the spare tire.

I think that's it.

Appreciate any and all info.
Did you do this before or after you had flashed the tune onto the truck?

Reactions: 16WhiteColly

·
Registered
407 Posts
Before as that was what I was instructed to do.
Did you use an OBD reader to make sure you weren't going through a regen and your emissions system was in ready status? What mileage were you at when you tuned?

·
Registered
2018 zr2 ccsb duramax
330 Posts
When I deleted mine I was told to make sure I had zero messages on the display
Then to do the flash of the ecm. Then tcm then remove the appropriate fuses. Take a drive. If no messages display then move onto the hardware aka exhaust system.
If you have messages you may have to replace the hardware clear all codes then start from scratch.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have had some people have success using the DPF reset for the "Keep Driving Message" after a tune. Gretio - Automotive Scan Tool - Apps on Google Play

But this is a different message. There are SCR Reset functions but I have no idea if it fixes this message. It could even make it worse. I don't do tuning for these trucks so honestly I have no idea. The tune should just work and if it doesn't that is on whoever you bought the tune from to fix.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I deleted mine I was told to make sure I had zero messages on the display
Then to do the flash of the ecm. Then tcm then remove the appropriate fuses. Take a drive. If no messages display then move onto the hardware aka exhaust system.
If you have messages you may have to replace the hardware clear all codes then start from scratch.
Ouch, if I hook up all connectors with no exhaust thats gonna be a pain. Damn. What fuses did you remove? First I'm hearing of removing fuses.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have had some people have success using the DPF reset for the "Keep Driving Message" after a tune. Gretio - Automotive Scan Tool - Apps on Google Play

But this is a different message. There are SCR Reset functions but I have no idea if it fixes this message. It could even make it worse. I don't do tuning for these trucks so honestly I have no idea. The tune should just work and if it doesn't that is on whoever you bought the tune from to fix.
Problem is the tuners I've dealt with all kind of wash there hands of it and some of them are pretty well known. Not gonna bus drive here, but I'm very disappointed. If someone had directions on the process from the beginning to end maybe I could see where I made an error. Just crazy at this point, over a year like this.

·
Registered
2018 zr2 ccsb duramax
330 Posts
I dont recall exactly what fuses. And if you do have to back to step one that means reinstalling the full exhaust. Id imagine you would have to reinstall the full system and go back to stock. Let the codes clear. And start all over.I hate the thibk that that is the course of action that needs to be taken. From what I have read your best off dealing with a tuner from outside the US.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dont recall exactly what fuses. And if you do have to back to step one that means reinstalling the full exhaust. Id imagine you would have to reinstall the full system and go back to stock. Let the codes clear. And start all over.I hate the thibk that that is the course of action that needs to be taken. From what I have read your best off dealing with a tuner from outside the US.
If you remember what fuses please let me know, maybe that's the missing link. The last 2 tuners were outside the US.

·
Registered
2018 zr2 ccsb duramax
330 Posts
I'll check my email instructions from my tuner

·
Registered
619 Posts
Problem is the tuners I've dealt with all kind of wash there hands of it and some of them are pretty well known. Not gonna bus drive here, but I'm very disappointed. If someone had directions on the process from the beginning to end maybe I could see where I made an error. Just crazy at this point, over a year like this.
Well it’s illegal so there’s that.

I would return to stock and clear any issue. Then go are by step.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts