Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

May ROTM

12K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  Admin 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the May Ride of the Month Competition!

April ROTM Winner: @Lightning98

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I humbly submit my quite modest build:
Evil R2D2
ZR2 Sliders
ZR2 take off wheels and tires
Eibach Explorer 2.0 kit via Mike Peak
Tinted fronts to match rears and a little strip across the top: here she is today as is just rained on and covered in pollen

Here she is earning her new wheels (wife bribe)

And here is the Evil R2D2 I love so much. It’s still my favorite thing because I get in and smile every time I see him. He’s become my little copilot.

My favorite part of this truck is how well it replaces my 2002 avalanche and my sports car, both of which I traded on this puppy. My favorite memory is getting into it at the dealership and within 30 seconds saying to out loud to myself “&@$k yeah!! This is mine now” kinda loving running her around with no topper right now...

#9 ·
I love that this truck can take me anywhere to do anything. Someone always has something to say about the truck everywhere I go, it's a real attention grabber. The list of mods is pretty long:

5% Tint
Chrome Delete
LED Everything
Stubby Antenna
BakFlip Trifold Bed Cover
Smoked Spyder Taillights and 3rd Brakelight
Muffler Delete
Window Rain Deflectors
2" Bora Wheel Spacers
6" RC Lift
275/70/18 Nitto Ridge Graps
RGB Rock Light Underglow
Undercover Toolbox
OEM Fender Flares
Baja Designs 30" Amber Light Bar, SAE Foglights, and Ditch Lights
Bison Grille
Air Designs Hood Scoop
2 Rockford Fosgate 10" Subs, 4 6.5" Door Speakers, and 2 Tweeters; all to 2 Amps
+ a few more that I figured were too small to count

2 Amber Chaselights, Rocky Road Sliders, and Multicam Black wrap are on the way

Really love this truck and I look forward to finishing this build!

#10 ·
This is Nyx (Greek goddess of night) 2016 z71
Currently on a 2in level, RTT, hidden light bar, skid plates for front and oil pan. Still a work in progress. I love that she has done almost everything I've asked of her, on road or off. My favorite memory was the day I got her. I always wanted a 4x4 S10. Finally got what I wanted but better.

#11 ·
TATANKA - 20 Bison ZR2 / 3.6L - Dealer installed GMPP Cat Back Exhaust - Dealer installed GMPP Cold Air Intake - GMPP Level Kith with Upper A-Arms - GMPP Tie Rod Sleeves - Come Up 9.5 winch - AEV Winch and Solenoid Mount - AEV Lower Tube Center Section - Rough Country 30" LED Light Bar & DIY Custom Mount - Colorado Blackout Lettering - VIAIR HD Onboard Air Compressor and 2.5 Gal Tank - Alu Cab Canopy Camper and DIY Custom Cabinetry - DIY Custom Rear Seat Delete - Front Runner 40L water tank - Dometic 28L Fridge - 170 Watt Solar & 1000W Yeti Goal Zero - MaxTrax with GP Factor Mounts - 2 Rotopax 3 Gal Gas Containers and Locking Mount

TATANKA is my 4 season backcountry base camp and adventure vehicle for mountaineering, backcountry skiing, ice climbing, backpacking, hunting and overland adventures. I love the versatility, capability of the ZR2 Bison and ease of use of everything it is "jocked up" with. My wife and I look forward to many years and miles of adventure with it.

#12 ·
TATANKA - 20 Bison ZR2 / 3.6L - Dealer installed GMPP Cat Back Exhaust - Dealer installed GMPP Cold Air Intake - GMPP Level Kith with Upper A-Arms - GMPP Tie Rod Sleeves - Come Up 9.5 winch - AEV Winch and Solenoid Mount - AEV Lower Tube Center Section - Rough Country 30" LED Light Bar & DIY Custom Mount - Colorado Blackout Lettering - VIAIR HD Onboard Air Compressor and 2.5 Gal Tank - Alu Cab Canopy Camper and DIY Custom Cabinetry - DIY Custom Rear Seat Delete - Front Runner 40L water tank - Dometic 28L Fridge - 170 Watt Solar & 1000W Yeti Goal Zero - MaxTrax with GP Factor Mounts - 2 Rotopax 3 Gal Gas Containers and Locking Mount

TATANKA is my 4 season backcountry base camp and adventure vehicle for mountaineering, backcountry skiing, ice climbing, backpacking, hunting and overland adventures. I love the versatility, capability of the ZR2 Bison and ease of use of everything it is "jocked up" with. My wife and I look forward to many years and miles of adventure with it.

View attachment 409510 View attachment 409511 View attachment 409512
And this is why I will wait for another month to throw my truck in the ring. Such an awesome truck.

#13 ·

The following is just a list I use to keep track of the (somewhat) important stuff I've done. Planning on new tires and rims once my lift kit arrives.
• 15" Vision Warrior Rims
• RDJ Fender Flares
• Gator SR1 Tonneau Cover with Tailgate Lock
• Grille LED Lightbar
• Sony MEX-XB120BT Stereo
• 12" Kicker L7T Subwoofer
• JBL Club-5501
• Spyder LED Tail Lights
• LED 3rd Brake Light
• Spyder Factory Style Black Headlights
• 30×9.5 BF Goodrich KO2's
• 2" Zone Offroad Lift Kit
• GMC Mudflaps
• Floor Mats
• Steering Wheel Cover
• 5% Tint on All 5 Windows
• Interior LED Light Kit
• Bullet Antenna
• LED Rock Lights and Engine Bay Lights
• JBL Stadium GTO 620 Speakers
• Sony XM-GS4
• Aries Bull Bar
• Led Headlight Bulbs
Mechanical:
• New Clutch for Fan
• New Water Pump
• New Blower Resistor
• New Battery
• New Bosch Quietcast Brake Rotors and Pads
• New Brakebest Calipers
• New Wagner Brake Shoes
• New Brakebest Drum Hardware
• New Brakebest Premium Drums
• MBRP Exhaust
• K&N Cold Air Intake
• Catalytic Converter Delete
• Denso Iridium Power Spark Plugs
• Cardone Driver and Passenger Side CV Axle Shafts with Thermoplastic
• Front Chassis Ball Joints
• Tuff Country Lift Kit 4" (Coming Soon)

I have many memories that I share with this truck. The countless hours I've worked on it and the new problems popping up every week are a pain, but I'll keep this truck till the very end. One of my favorites was when I was with a couple of buddies from school and we were driving down the highway and a guy in an Audi flew by us. We get to the next light and I floored it. I gapped him and the look on his face was hilarious. He then accused me of spraying XD.

Wish me luck on the lift kit! I also have to put new axles in (again) since the cheapy lift kit puts too much angle on the axles. Can't wait to see the other entries :)

#15 ·
2019 z71 colorado midnight edition 4x4
5.5 bds suspension with fox coilovers cranked up to 6in
Bajakit UCA
Moto metal 970 20x9
Nitto ridgegrappler 33x11.50
30% ceramic tint on the front and 5% on the back
Changed out lights to leds
Rough country 30in DRL black series curved with hidden bracket
Thule racks with yakima wind deflector vinyl wrapped matte black
Street flow exhaust
Icon relocation bracket
K&N air fliter
10in kicker comp rt with kicker amp
Opt7 rock lights
Deleted spare tire and air dam
Always wanted a truck and finally got it. She takes me everywhere I need to go and hasn't let me down yet. Still a few more mods I would like to do.

#18 · (Edited)
2020 LT Colorado
33" Toyo Open Country AT3s
17" Black Rhino Gauntlet
589 Fabrication spare tire carrier
Borla exhaust
K and N Blackhawk intake
Diode Dynamics LEDs throughout
Akkon headlights/ Lumen taillights
Pedal Commander
Aftermarket grille and bull bar
Supreme Suspensions level kit

I never considered owning a truck, about 3 years ago I saw a black Colorado with a lift and method rims. Since then I've been saving pennies and establishing credit to purchase this 2020 Colorado. Her name is Lucy, have more plans for her, fiberwerx glass, long travel suspension.
What I love is that I can go trailing on my off time, load up the back for family camping, and enough power to get me to work on time. The wifi is great for long hauls with my daughter.

#20 ·
View attachment 410028 View attachment 410029 View attachment 410030 2020 LT Colorado
33" Toyo Open Country AT3s
17" Black Rhino Gauntlet
589 Fabrication spare tire carrier
Borla exhaust
K and N Blackhawk intake
Diode Dynamics LEDs throughout
Akkon headlights/ Lumen taillights
Pedal Commander
Aftermarket grille and bull bar
Supreme Suspensions level kit

I never considered owning a truck, about 3 years ago I saw a black Colorado with a lift and method rims. Since then I've been saving pennies and establishing credit to purchase this 2020 Colorado. Her name is Lucy, have more plans for her, fiberwerx glass, long travel suspension.
What I love is that I can go trailing on my off time, load up the back for family camping, and enough power to get me to work on time. The wifi is great for long hauls with my daughter.
This doesn't seem to be the correct place to post my entry, but after clicking the enter "HERE" URL which led me right here, so here it goes, my 2007 z71 Colorado has been a beast thus far, bought October 2018 with 55k miles, z71 3.7 i5 now has 104k miles, work for the county assessor, driving all conditions in Nebraska, in town, outta town, county gravel roads, and minimum maintenance roads from loose gravel to snow covered clay, 4wd has been amazing, just put on General Grabber ATX, best tires I've ever had.

#19 ·
2016 Z71 Duramax

Method MR315 gold/black 17X8.5” ET0 wheels wrapped in OEM size (255/65R17) Firestone Destination A/T2’s
S&B cold air intake
Flo-Pro 3” turbo back exhaust w/ 4” tip
EFI Live tuning with DSP4 switch
Baja Designs 30” S8 light bar in front bumper
Baja Designs Squadron Sport ditch lights mounted on hood hinges
Baja Designs S1 flush mount backup lights in rear bumper
Front air dam delete

I’ve owned this truck for almost 5 years now, bought it off the dealership in fall 2016, so obviously choosing my best memory with it is gonna be hard. There is nothing I haven’t done with or in this truck! 😅 I really like it cause it’s easy to drive and park in the city, even fits in almost every underground parking, it turns heads everywhere I go, people don’t believe me when I tell ‘em it’s 5 years old and has over 150 000 km’s on it lol, and it’s capable enough to get the dirty job done during the weekend, whether it’s driving to my remote cabin in the woods, hauling the sleds all the way up the mountains to find some fresh powder or simply going for a long drive and doing it comfortably and with great fuel economy! As of right now I cannot think of other mods I should do to it, except replacing the stock shocks with Fox 2.0’s when they wear out and then maybe increase a little tire size.

Good luck to every one, I see plenty of awesome rigs out there!

Attachments

#25 ·
2019 ZR2 3.6 Midnight Edition

I've only had it since December. While I have not officially offroaded with the truck, it already was able to get out of my driveway in snow that I am positive my old truck would have gotten stuck. In fact, this one had to use both front and rear lockers.
Favorite memory in the short time I have had it?
My nephew was graduating from high school. He wanted to do a team kayak fishing tourney but, his graduation was that day. His friend drove them, but needed to stay at the lake. So, he fished the morning, catching 3 nice bass. I plowed through the mud to get back where they were fishing. Took him to graduation, then returned him back out to his kayak after it was over. By then his friend had also caught 3 nice ones. They rowed up to the weigh-in and they came in first place. I believe he'll remember that day for quite some time.

Upgrades include:
Truxedo soft bed cover
JL Audio SB-GM-COCREW2G/10TW3 Stealth sub box to fit under rear seat.
JL Audio MX500/1 500 Watt marine mono subwoofer amp
Audio Control LC2i Pro
Replaced useless wireless charger console bucket with pocket type. I then put the remote bass knob in this area so it is easily adjusted depending on the music, my tastes, or my passengers.
AVS Window vents
AVS hood protector / bug deflector
RokBlokz front and rear mudflaps
Dee Zee DZ87009 Heavyweight Bed Mat. This was mostly to keep stuff from sliding on the slick factory bed liner.
Gold badging delete
I will be adding a supercharger and move the shocks outboard after warranty expires, or after I've had the truck long enough to feel it will last. I've had it 6 months. I'm also going to subtly backlight the ZR2 cutout on the sports bar. Still working on the specifics...

After AVS additions, but before I put on RokBlox. Note the crooked LED's on top. The original dealership installed the brackets backwards and did nearly all their work on this truck in an extremely poor fashion. I was embarrased for them as I re-did everything recently. I bought this truck used so not sure which dealer I need to avoid.

Before I put on window vents. Also fixed the 2 things that the dealer added (sports bar and bed lighting) that was a wiring mess and unsafe. They even managed to put the factory LED light brackets on backwards as can be seen above.

I still have the 60% portion of the seat out so I can do my final adjustments on the Audio Control LC2i Pro. Once finished, this will be virtually hidden but inside the vehicle it sounds great. Outside it can't be heard very far. Just how I wanted it.

Reactions: 17 Midnight
#26 ·

I love this truck!
2016 Colorado LT - Rhino Liner & OEM Bed Mat, Bak Flip Tonneau, Side Rails, New Exhaust & resonator removed.
The 'Beast' was my retirement gift from the wife. Best trips were Colorado July 4th Family Reunion (with the Harley of course) and taking a friends dog from Tucson, AZ to Commerce, Tx.

#27 ·

Here’s my 2015 Colorado Z71 with FabFours front bumper w/ rigid 20” ligh bar, 4 rigid cubes and rear bumpers w/ 2 rigid cubes; prinsu roofrack w/ 40” light bar; 3 1/2” lift by readylift and Bilstein shocks; and 18” DX4 wheels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.