Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone has done anything like this with the MaxTrac.

So I want to buy it in pieces after speaking with MaxTrac directly.

I want to keep my readylift leveling kit intact + add the 4'' inch spindle + the 4 inch rear block.

Now I am just trying to figure out what possible shocks I can add, I very used to lowered trucks (please don't hate me) so the lifting requirement is new to me.

I'm a fan of Bilstein, ProComp, Rancho, etc... I just can't justify spending the money on icon or fox because I don't pound my truck into oblivion.

Any ideas? Has anyone done this? This will essentially be a 6'' combo lift (spindle + level). I want the struts/shocks to basically work with the lift, I won't need them to provide any new lift just be able to support what I am trying to accomplish.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Yes, you can do it. A gent on the FaceBook group has the MaxTrac spindles, Eibach Pro lift kit at 2", and 1" top cap spacer. The Eibach front strut spring is 2" by itself, and the spring perch is adjustable for an additional .7/1.4/2", but don't go past .7 if using their spring, as ball joint angle suffers. Past installers have complained about MaxTrac rear shock ride, and went back to stock with extenders.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah I'm doing new rear shocks with it. I might do Bilstein struts and shocks w/ the level. Just doing my research to make sure I can get the appropriate shock/strut combo to have the proper lift.

I do see the Rough Country N3s support a 6'' lift but don't allow for the strut spacer that is basically what the ready lift is... but The MaxTrac 6.5" kit achieves that height through a spacer/spindle combo.

I guess now, thanks to RatRacer's confirmation, I just need to figure out what shocks/struts to go with. I am fine with keeping the stock coils for now if anyone is wondering.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All I can picture is axle wrap with 4" blocks. Lol
LOL I only got the bright idea because this is basically what their 6.5'' kit is, I just don't want to throw away my RL Leveling Kit if I can repurpose it this way.

Granted that uses the 3'' block, I might go the 3'' block way just because I wouldn't mind a little back rake.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I really dont think axle wrap would be something to worry about in these little trucks....see alot bigger trucks with alot more power not have any problems....Not saying it cant happen but i think its something i wouldnt stress over...I think the only real reason to avoid the block would maybe the ride....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts