Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
281 Posts
I put this first on GMC as they are both.... but I bought the Chevy twin.
.Just want to say two thumbs up for Dillon Chevrolet in Greenfield Mass. I was a long time Toyota owner and from what I had researched, decided I wanted a diesel Colorado 2016. I had gone to 4 other dealers within a 50 mile radius. Frankly it was a lousy experience. Dillon is a small town dealership right in town on the main street. When I went in I was in a surly mood from feeling like I had been treated like I was at a loan shark office. I showed them my build and (having been to the Costco program) a price I was willing to pay. Within 5 minutes I was signing papers. When the truck came in, both the parts department and sales were there to familiarize me with the truck and any question I had. I had wanted to swap out the tires as part of the deal and the owner made it happen. I met with him on three occasions and I always came away feeling like I was listened to and most importantly given an honest answer whether it was what I wanted or not .. being told how it is from the get go I can deal with, no song and dance.

I highly recommend them. Everyone I talked to was simply nice... what more can you ask for?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Avoid Paul Masse dealerships 30August2017 to have my vehicle serviced. All went as expected however when I brought up the issue that the leather on my steering wheel was starting to come undone, the dealership wanted nothing to do with it.

I called the dealership today 31August2017 and spoke to the service manager Sam DeSousa and his exact words... you didn't buy the vehicle here we have no loyalty to service your vehicle, you also gave us a bad survey so why should we service your vehicle.

When I told him I would be contacting General Motors, the BBB, Rhode Island Auto Dealers Association, local news station consumer advocate division, as well as sharing this on social media was told by this service manager I don't care do what ever you want to do

The Vehicle I have is a 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with 18,700 miles on it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought my 16 Z71 used with 20K on it one year ago at a Dodge dealer.

For years I would never take my cars to the dealer for regular work- but with my commuter car(Honda Accord) I took it to them for oil changes after getting tired of Jiffy Lubes crap(and price). Over time- I would have other work done, and occasionally- they would re-up my XM for me for free for a couple of months. I guess maybe just getting older I've mellowed out a bit. My Accord is an 09- bought in 2012 with 36K and now has 160K...first car I have never(myself) done an oil change on.

In that spirit- I gave my local Chevy dealer a try...A- as it was still under warranty, and...B I wanted to try a working relationship with them for service. They worked with me on a few things- and never had the feeling I was gettin screwed. It was placed in service in August 2015- and is now almost 2.5 years old and has 32K on it.

I went to Colonial West Chevy in Fitchburg today- as I knew I need an oil change soon, and the reminder triggered this morning. Pulled in at 10 asking if they had any time- Service guy says 11AM is best he can do. I knew I was in it for at least $50. I decided I wanted new wiper and told them to replace- there's another $40. They come back afterward- oh- I need a new air filter- hell- $25 I can handle... oh- by the way- you are due for an inspection this month too- okay another $35. I figured $155 total.

They comped my oil change- gave me another discount somewhere- and I got out of there before Noon for a total of $87. Merry Christmas to me! These guys try hard to earn my business!!!

Chris

·
Registered
16 Posts
With my 08 Silverado I always had really good luck at Pride Chevrolet on the Lynnway in Lynn, MA. They warrantied everything even with the bigger tires and level on the truck.

My 2014 Silverado I had nothing but headaches at Herb Chambers in Danvers. My issues were never resolved and they had the truck for a week and a half to replace a leaking xm antennae and oil change. Leak was never fixed and when I called to inquire about the status of the vehicle they told me the tech was working on it. It did not move from where I dropped it off. Called two days later and was told they had it apart. Drove by again and it was still in the same spot. They would not put me in a loaner because they didn't diagnose what was wrong. I told them it hasn't moved since I dropped it off and would like to pick it up. They told me they would have the tech put it back together. I told them I was standing right next to it in the lot where it has not moved and it is put together. Terrible service department. Brought it in for the leak and they instantly pointed out my over size tires. Took it there for oil changes that I received when I purchased the vehicle. Even with an appointment it took three or so hours. Would not recommend.

My 2019 Colorado I brought to quirk in braintree. I told them about the shudder and they instantly brought it in and flushed the fluid. In and out in two hours. Told me if it didn't fix it they would bring it right in and order parts and put me in a loaner. I was impressed with their service department too. Really nice advisers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts