Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
376 Posts
Hi the markers on all GMC Canyons are lights that light up when parking lights and headlights are on.

· Registered
380 Posts
It isn't over 80 inches wide so I would venture to say just reflectors like the
Nice, I was hoping that they were. It would be nice if they are led also. Thanks
Why does that at all matter? Never understood this whole everything has to be LED. Is that some conversation piece or something to tell people? Changing out license plate lights and side market lights because they aren't LED is silly, the incandescent lasts a very long time as it is.

Tyler

· Registered
2021 GMC Canyon 3.6L V6 crew cab, short bed
207 Posts
It isn't over 80 inches wide so I would venture to say just reflectors like the

Why does that at all matter? Never understood this whole everything has to be LED. Is that some conversation piece or something to tell people? Changing out license plate lights and side market lights because they aren't LED is silly, the incandescent lasts a very long time as it is.

Tyler
Because LEDs are brighter and last longer. Oh yeah and when I tell people my under the cab light is LED people go, "ohhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhh" 🤣😜👌

· Registered
44 Posts
Here's a pic of the side marker up close and personal. This is on an AT4 today on the plant lot. If you zoom in real close you can see the center portion has GMC in an embossed panel under the outer amber lens. It does not appear to be lighted, but it is possible the GMC part is lit from behind.

Note to the Colorado guys & gals, the indents are completely different in size & shape in the flares between the two trucks. If you want similar markers on your Colorado, hope the aftermarket steps up ir dust off your fabrication skills.

Attachments

· Registered
44 Posts
Well, just watched a local news report showing the first trucks off the line. Job 1 was a blue Z71, Job 2 a white Canyon. Lo and behold, the Canyon's side markers ARE indeed lights! Based on the pattern, it appears the part with GMC logo is the lit portion.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts