Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the 2nd year my Intake manifold sensor keeps tripping and this is due incorrect readings. I live in Canada and we get really cold. We had a very chilly temp drop to about -39C recently, I waited several days as I needed to wait to get better temps because I didn't add anti gel additive. Now its around -10C and sensor is tripped again.
This is the 2nd years this has happened.

Talked to one of the service guys and he had mentioned it maybe due to the block heater plug in being outside the truck, apparently there is some electrical sensors in the plug.

I have a 2018 z71 longbox crewcab with about 13,000km on it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The block heater thermostatic sensor does not talk to anything internal to the truck. No connection between the two whatsoever. To wit, I live at altitude, and ours do not come with that sensor. Truck doesn't know any different.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am think that this sensor is just faulty. Last time the service guy said the GM fix was to pull it out clean it and dry it and put it back in and if its still problematic then replace it. The first one got replaced roughly 240 cdn pesos. Hooray for warranty I didn't pay anything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turned out the P00E9 Code that I googled wasn't the sensor but the DEF Pump unit. Warranty work (1398 dollars)
They said they replaced it with an updated unit shouldn't have a problem but thats yet to be seen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts