Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read that some people say either go with the borla proxs or flowmaster 50 series. My local muffler shop doesnt sell borla because he says its an inferior product and cost more and said he hasnt put flowmaster on a rado/canyon yet. He wants to do a magnaflow muffler installed for 169. Does that seem reasonable? Or should I go with borla or flowmaster? Anybody in DFW area have a good shop they trust?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im looking at just a muffler, not a cat back system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
If your gonna do exhaust do it right. Get yourself a cat back system. I chose the magna flow, and I am not dissatisfied in the least. It sounds great, but even better, it performs just as well. Its warranty is matched by the borla, but I think magna flow has a better sound. Flowmaster is the poor mans exhaust. Do it right which ever you choose, you dont want to kick yourself later. Btw does anyone know when any of these people are going to come out with a headder back system?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,299 Posts
Devastator_454 said:
If your gonna do exhaust do it right. Get yourself a cat back system. I chose the magna flow, and I am not dissatisfied in the least. It sounds great, but even better, it performs just as well. Its warranty is matched by the borla, but I think magna flow has a better sound. Flowmaster is the poor mans exhaust. Do it right which ever you choose, you dont want to kick yourself later. Btw does anyone know when any of these people are going to come out with a headder back system?
Why do you say the flow is a poor man exhaust? I love the sound of my flow 40 muffler. But ever one has a right to their own thoughts.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im not going to do a whole cat back system because i would rather put that money into lift, tires, pcm tune, grill guard and eventually components.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
He says Borla is inferior yet he sells flowmasters? There's many dyno charts out there where flowmaster is the worst flowing muffler. (except maybe the 1 chambers).

169 for just the muffler, or muffler and pipes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
816 Posts
I got my magnaflow installed for $110 I think. I wish it were louder, but I'm 17. There's not much rumble to it, it sounds sorta like a euro sports car, I guess thats the way to describe it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,299 Posts
TX you got any links on that info about flows being bad I would like to read up on that.

Thanks
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TXAggie said:
He says Borla is inferior yet he sells flowmasters? There's many dyno charts out there where flowmaster is the worst flowing muffler. (except maybe the 1 chambers).

169 for just the muffler, or muffler and pipes?
169 muffler installed with original pipes. It seemed a little high to me based on other prices I had seen on here. I want to go with a muffler but the closest dealer on borla website only sells and doesnt install so not sure what to go with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
chnky18 said:
TXAggie said:
He says Borla is inferior yet he sells flowmasters? There's many dyno charts out there where flowmaster is the worst flowing muffler. (except maybe the 1 chambers).

169 for just the muffler, or muffler and pipes?
169 muffler installed with original pipes. It seemed a little high to me based on other prices I had seen on here. I want to go with a muffler but the closest dealer on borla website only sells and doesnt install so not sure what to go with.
order it from wickednicky.com. i got one in 1 week for 87 bucks. get the pro xs... sounds great!!!! trust me when i say that
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Exhaust systems are easy to install, screw paying for instalation. It is easy to be done all yourself, just follow the directions that come with your new system.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Devastator_454 said:
Exhaust systems are easy to install, screw paying for instalation. It is easy to be done all yourself, just follow the directions that come with your new system.
i dont want a new system, just a muffler and i do car audio but i dont do mufflers, lifts and things of that nature.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
I like my Magnaflow.... 110 installed. spent and extra 40 later for a stainless tipped turnout (resonated too much under the bed)

No need to do a cat-back system... the stock pipes are already 2.5".

169 is a bit much for just the muffler regardless of who makes it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
yes you are right the pipes are still the same size as the cat back system. But you dont get the cool chrome tip that has the magnaflow name on it. and you will have to chop and weld all yourself, and may the truck god save you if you cut to much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,075 Posts
I got the magnaflow 5x8x18 sounds great to me not to loud, I get most of the noise at 2500rpms but on the frwy at 80 you can here just a slite rumble and with the radio on you can't here it at all, got mine with install for about 110
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top