Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting some serious drone between 2200 - 2800 rpm. Looking for muffler replacements for the existing pipes or any instructions on maybe a resonator add on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had magnaflow on my GrandPrix GTP before I got this truck. Magnaflow or Flowmaster are terrible droany mufflers. Maybe look at Borla? Or put a 24" glass pack in for a resonator.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
After putting a Corsa on mine (supposed to be among the quietest) and promptly removing it I will not be doing that experiment again. It droned horribly. I lost my ass in shipping charges on that stupid thing. Also, having looked at the stock exhaust up close and personal, it looks to be a very nice setup. Its mandrel bent, 2.75 inch pipe, which I would bet my right arm on, is the perfect size. Most after markets are 3". Anyway my 2 cents, don't mess with it. There is nothing cheap looking or sounding about our stocks exhausts, probably nothing wrong with the performance either. Nothing like years ago when American cars were cheap crap.

For @Akwa, I wonder what it would of sounded like if it had the resonator on it, say a magnaflow or whatever just in place of the stock and keeping the resonator. Maybe a resonator would do the trick for you now that your stock one is gone?

:serious:

Reactions: TLAR

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After putting a Corsa on mine (supposed to be among the quietest) and promptly removing it I will not be doing that experiment again. It droned horribly. I lost my ass in shipping charges on that stupid thing. Also, having looked at the stock exhaust up close and personal, it looks to be a very nice setup. Its mandrel bent, 2.75 inch pipe, which I would bet my right arm on, is the perfect size. Most after markets are 3". Anyway my 2 cents, don't mess with it. There is nothing cheap looking or sounding about our stocks exhausts, probably nothing wrong with the performance either. Nothing like years ago when American cars were cheap crap.

For @Akwa, I wonder what it would of sounded like if it had the resonator on it, say a magnaflow or whatever just in place of the stock and keeping the resonator. Maybe a resonator would do the trick for you now that your stock one is gone?

Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to that route and have a resonator put in. Just have to figure out where to mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
456 Posts
Gibson 421887. With resonator and stock piping it's perfect. The more I drive the truck, the more I like it. Just had a Canyon owner at Home Depot yesterday stop me and ask me what I did to it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have the Gibson stainless muffler from their cat back system thatI
will part with for a cheap price, like new .
I swapped it out for a DynoMax super turbo muffler.

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon All Terrain
2,023 Posts

Surprising coming from Corsa. I had a Corsa cat back kit on my 2014 Sierra, it sounded fantastic. However that was a 5.3 V8...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gibson 421887. With resonator and stock piping it's perfect. The more I drive the truck, the more I like it. Just had a Canyon owner at Home Depot yesterday stop me and ask me what I did to it.
Unfortunately for me I already got rid of my stock exhaust. Should've done research before I went and bought that magnaflow.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Unfortunately for me I already got rid of my stock exhaust. Should've done research before I went and bought that magnaflow.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
Don't beat yourself up, I did tons of research and ended up with a headache inducing exhaust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.