Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem like a newb question. I was looking at getting aftermarket lug nuts but many of them say they are conical for aftermarket rims. I don't intend on replacing my factory ZR2 rims. Will "conical" lug nuts fit without issue? Or is this something specific that won't be compatible with factory wheels?

·
Registered
2,775 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
This may seem like a newb question. I was looking at getting aftermarket lug nuts but many of them say they are conical for aftermarket rims. I don't intend on replacing my factory ZR2 rims. Will "conical" lug nuts fit without issue? Or is this something specific that won't be compatible with factory wheels?

As long as the lug nuts you buy have a 60 degree conical seat and have 14mm x 1.5" threading you're good to go. Just make sure the lug nuts you buy are as tall (Or taller if that's the look you like) as the OEM ones. Measure from the bottom of the conical seat to the top of the lug nut.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Go to a good tire shop and buy one lug nut from them. They stock most sizes in bulk. Then google a tire shop supply in your area show them what you need and they will set you up. They stock anything that has to do with installing tires they even sell adapters and spacers. Years ago I installed industrial tires on forklifts we bought all our supplies from the supply house.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.