Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #141 (Edited)
Well with all the added weight I sure felt it, cornering and accelerating, squishy, squishy. Me thinks the OEM rear springs are pretty sad..for a truck but that's another discussion.

Got the airbags in this weekend.

Driver side install is a bit tight for tooling a PITA due to the fuel tank but basically straight forward.
Pass. side which should be the easy side because less is in the way wasnt because of the aftermarket suspension. 2.5" shock bodies and remote reservoirs wont fit out of the box. I had to clearance the rear plate for the reservoir, not really a big deal but added complicate to what would have been a really easy install.

While this Ride Rite Firestone kit offers "no drilling", clamping the upper bracket to the frame, to their spec. certainly bends their upper plate sue to it only using 3 bolts. On the pass. side I didnt even torque fully but im sure it's fine since there really isnt any significant stress on this part of the assembly and the but are locking.

Ride quality and handling are definitely improved though. Since the kit can be used to level I have about 5psi more on the driver side for lean compensation. IMO if you want to do this you definitely want to make sure you have adjustable compression shocks otherwise you will fee the stiffness in the side with more PSI. With the adjustable shock you can compensate by dialing the other side stiffer so thy feel the same.

For anyone interested this is the 2587 kit. Firestone was happy to email me the instruction in PDF so they should be attached here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I added a DPDT switch at the input to my solar charge controller so that i could toggle between the panels and the truck as input.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hate to necro a thread but I'm pretty sure your thread back in 16 was the reason I hunted down my brownstone back when I bought it, and now that i'm paying her off this summer it's time to build. Thanks for the inspiration man!

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
I hate to necro a thread but I'm pretty sure your thread back in 16 was the reason I hunted down my brownstone back when I bought it, and now that i'm paying her off this summer it's time to build. Thanks for the inspiration man!
I havent updated lately because it's mostly the way I want it and I've had some major life changes (not health related :) ) in the last 6 months, so just not a lot of truck stuff going on....other than maintenance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i hate to necro this again but i recently picked up some ZR2 sliders for mine but they didn't come with the bolts, do you have any idea what size i need or should i just go to the dealership and be like "yo dude, where my bolts at"

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
i hate to necro this again but i recently picked up some ZR2 sliders for mine but they didn't come with the bolts, do you have any idea what size i need or should i just go to the dealership and be like "yo dude, where my bolts at"
Bummer, that sucks.

Did you get the threaded clips? If not then yeah I'd definitely head back to the dealer because the holes in the cab arent prethreaded so the clips are a must to install. If you have the clips then just head the hardware store with one to match the bolts.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts