Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

81 - 100 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Notice any difference in throttle response? Still using stock intake?

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Notice any difference in throttle response? Still using stock intake?
Hard to tell since I had to switch tunes at the same time.

Yes stock intake and filter still

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Cleaned up my little fuse block and the relays I had just zip tied to the electric heater connector. Made a little plastic bracket to mount everything to the fender. It's nothing special but makes everything look tidier.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Would you have the material to make another plastic bracket? It looks like exactly what I need to finish my light wiring.

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Would you have the material to make another plastic bracket? It looks like exactly what I need to finish my light wiring.
I would but it would prolly cost more to ship to you that it's worth, lol. Stop my Tap Plastics and get a 12x12 piece of scrap for like a $1 and some #16 cement and you can glue on up :grin2:

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I think you're overestimating the availability of hobby type stores.. or stores in general.. here in the Big Wild.

:grin2:

I'll see if my friends can hook me up with some kydex sheets.

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
Finally got around to finding an LED replacement bulb and installing my GM work light.
New bulb is supposedly 650 lumens :grin2:

Made a bracket to mount it on so I could mount it on top of the battery, over the OEM hold down

That location kept wiring tidy and gave me about the reach I was hoping for:

Night, light is in the same place as pictured above but was so bright I couldnt take the pic from the same angle so I got this one:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Finally got around to finding an LED replacement bulb and installing my GM work light.
New bulb is supposedly 650 lumens :grin2:

Made a bracket to mount it on so I could mount it on top of the battery, over the OEM hold down

That location kept wiring tidy and gave me about the reach I was hoping for:

Very nice! My old '93 Suburban had one of those lights. Always liked it, other than it wasn't really bright. This looks great. What bulb did you use? And any pics in the dark?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Very nice! My old '93 Suburban had one of those lights. Always liked it, other than it wasn't really bright. This looks great. What bulb did you use? And any pics in the dark?

The Pass pic is on in daylight. I want to get some night pics but it's not getting dark till really late this time of year but i'll try tonight

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Tough to find a sub 43mm LED bulb to fit in that light, which one did you go with?

Man, between the underhood light, the wiring and the diamondback, I'm starting to feel like I'm copying your build.

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Tough to find a sub 43mm LED bulb to fit in that light, which one did you go with?

Man, between the underhood light, the wiring and the diamondback, I'm starting to feel like I'm copying your build.
I used these, you will need to reverse the polarity from the incandescent for them to work but that's no biggie

AUTOUS90 2 X 650 Lumens 1156 1141 1003 33-SMD RV Camper White LED Light Bulbs Tail Backup https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KSRX5II/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_-v1kzb944XHM8

·
Registered
488 Posts
I like the GM worklight! Do you have a part number for it? Was it easy to connect? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Updated post 87 with night pic.

I like the GM worklight! Do you have a part number for it? Was it easy to connect? Thanks.
I got mine used on ebay, searching for "gm underhood work light" but apparently it's part number 1599293

There's one there now for $40 I paid a bit less for a used one in good condition but that $40 one says it's new so maybe still worth it.

NEW reel wind up retractable trouble light lamp underhood Chevrolet GM 1599293 | eBay

It's just 2 wires, one to hot and one to ground. Box has it's own switch. You may need to reverse the polarity like I did, depending on if you use a regular bulb or which brand LED you choose but that's not a big deal.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Funny, I just finished checkout on eBay, and then came over here and saw you linked to the one I just got.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Those ZR2 sliders really look great on their, getting ready to do the same to mine.

I really like how they are hiding those dang pinch welds.

Reactions: lqdchkn
81 - 100 of 146 Posts