Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering installing 2'' lowering blocks on the rear of my '06 reg. cab. I'm not looking for the "in the weeds" look, I just want the truck to sit and look level. I pretty much want to leave the front-end stock unless there's a requirement that the front be lowered as well. The front-end kits look pretty expensive anyway, and there doesn't appear to be a cheap but effective way of lowering the front, or at least I haven't seen one. Has anyone experienced any issues lowering just the rear? I really don't want to negatively affect the ride by doing this. I suppose doing this could cause some bottoming out, but I don't ever haul anything heavy, tow anything or drive it hard. Anyone have any tips or advice? I'm open to any and all suggestions. I've seen a lot of great tips and ideas you guys have posted about these trucks, so let's hear from y'all!

·
Registered
167 Posts
have you measured it on level ground?
the reg cabs sit 2" higher in the rear? wow..

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
If you're looking to level it off, 1" blocks are all you need. Without lowering the front, 2" blocks will be too much. Your front end will be sitting higher.

As for a cheap way to lower the front, get some Belltech coils. They go for about $100 and come in both a 1" or 2" drop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Who has 1'' blocks available? I've only seen 2"and 3" advertised. Does Belltech offer these? Do lowered Collys ride radically different when lowered? I've never ridden in or driven one after lowering.

·
Registered
167 Posts
http://www.jagsthatrun.com has some really nice looking blocks. They also sell 1/2" blocks that can be bolted to the other 1, 2, 3" blocks for 1/2' increments.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
AUG49 said:
Thanks guys! Who has 1'' blocks available? I've only seen 2"and 3" advertised. Does Belltech offer these? Do lowered Collys ride radically different when lowered? I've never ridden in or driven one after lowering.
The ride quality shouldn't really change much with a 1" block.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! I really appreciate your help and information. Oh, by the way, how do you upgrade from Newbie status???

·
Registered
101 Posts
I got belltech 1" drop blocks and bolts from Stylin... was an easy install... except that I didn't have any power tools with me... so taking the nuts off the U bolts was time consuming and putting the new ones on wasn't any faster... My arms were tired for like a week! 1" leveled the truck out perfect.

·
Registered
372 Posts
06'BlueXtreme said:
I got belltech 1" drop blocks and bolts from Stylin... was an easy install... except that I didn't have any power tools with me... so taking the nuts off the U bolts was time consuming and putting the new ones on wasn't any faster... My arms were tired for like a week! 1" leveled the truck out perfect.
I got the 1" blocks from belltech you might want to cut about 2" off those long a$$ bolts before you put them on. I put mine on and took them back off to cut the long ass bolts off. I think it sets level with 1" blocks in the rear and no diff. in the ride.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to all you guys for the suggestions and tips. Everything has been extremely helpful.

·
Registered
816 Posts
hey, AUG49, be sure to check out the "Southeast Coalition" thread in the regional section. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Like some of the other guys said, 1" blocks will level it out, and it will not affect your ride at all. I had a set of 1" Belltech blocks in the rear before I had the lift kit. I paid $40 from Stylintrucks. You can see pics on my cardomain page when I had the blocks in.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I have a 2 inch drop in the rear and stock up front on my 04 ZQ8. It maybe sits 1/2 too low in the back but Im OK with it. if I had to do it over again I would go with a 1 and 1/2 kit from JTR.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts