Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
Your truck looks great!! I have a couple questions for you. I want to buy a new Colorado but my problem is that I need to lower it so I can get into it because Im in a wheelchair. Could you take a couple measurments for me? I need to know the distance from the sill to the ground and from front edge of seat to the ground.

Thanks,
Jack

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jack,
My 2018 ccsb with a 3/4 Belltech lowering kit lowered the tailgate 6in.! Much easier to load the bed!
Ground to front door sill about 20in.
Ground to top edge of front seat about 30in.
mine has the standard Z71 power seat which is the 4-way seat rather than the 8-way on the luxury seat.
I'm not sure if the luxury seat goes lower.
See photos below.
Hope this helps, let me know if you need more, Eric

2018 Colo Doorsill height 5-29-20.jpg
2018 Colo seat height 5-29-20.jpg

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
mine has the standard Z71 power seat which is the 4-way seat rather than the 8-way on the luxury seat.
There is no luxury seat, what you have is top line. Starting with 19's LT trim and up, they added front seat base tilt, with the sacrifice of bolster padding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Answering my own question here;
I determined that the tailpipe if straight out the back would be lower than the hitch receiver, not good! Especially so with the accessory tailpipe my truck is equipped with.
I bought a 2 3/4 in. 90 deg. mandrel bend and a length of 2 3/4in. pipe (2 ft. section).
With a TIG welder and a buddy's pipe expander I brought it out the side behind the spring shackle.
Eric
2018 Colo 5-29-20.JPG
2018 Colo Tailgate side view 5-29-20.JPG
2018 Colo tailpipe 5-29-20.jpg
2018 Colo Tailpipe Rear view 5-29-20.JPG

·
Registered
30 Posts
Answering my own question here;
I determined that the tailpipe if straight out the back would be lower than the hitch receiver, not good! Especially so with the accessory tailpipe my truck is equipped with.
I bought a 2 3/4 in. 90 deg. mandrel bend and a length of 2 3/4in. pipe (2 ft. section).
With a TIG welder and a buddy's pipe expander I brought it out the side behind the spring shackle.
Eric View attachment 391619 View attachment 391621 View attachment 391620 View attachment 391622
I was going to do something like that, but I liked the clean look of no tailpipe so I made the downpipe out of the piece I cut off.

Anybody wanna trade me their donut spare for my full-size?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ferdinand,
I went to a Chevrolet dealer and asked them to swap one from one of their WT's!
It took me a while to convince them I really wanted to do that, funny story!
I also cut 1 1/2in. from the bottom of the heat shield around the spare. I think it looks like it grew there!
By the way here's a picture of my tailgate. 🙂
Eric
2018 Colo Tailgate emblem.JPG

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jack,
My 2018 ccsb with a 3/4 Belltech lowering kit lowered the tailgate 6in.! Much easier to load the bed!
Ground to front door sill about 20in.
Ground to top edge of front seat about 30in.
See photos below.
Hope this helps, let me know if you need more, Eric

View attachment 391617 View attachment 391618
I’m surprised it dropped the tailgate 6 inches and the door only 3 inches. I think stock height of the door to the ground is 20 inches. I have a 2012 Colorado that I lowered so I could get in it. On my truck door to ground is 13 inches and seat it 25 inches. I wish there was a way I can make a new Colorado work.
Thanks,
Jack

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’m surprised it dropped the tailgate 6 inches and the door only 3 inches. I think stock height of the door to the ground is 20 inches. I have a 2012 Colorado that I lowered so I could get in it. On my truck door to ground is 13 inches and seat it 25 inches. I wish there was a way I can make a new Colorado work.
Thanks,
Jack

·
Registered
138 Posts
These lowered trucks look great!

141 - 153 of 153 Posts