Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
how does the Belltech lowering kit work in the rear? particularly how was it placed on the rear axle? im looking into getting a lowering kit for my 2016 Colorado LT as well. do any stock parts get inverted upon installment?

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
how does the Belltech lowering kit work in the rear? particularly how was it placed on the rear axle? im looking into getting a lowering kit for my 2016 Colorado LT as well. do any stock parts get inverted upon installment?
It's a flip kit that puts the axle on top the springs. You get saddles and shackles and be ready to do some cutting. If you want more/better details, look the kit up on their site and click the link for the install instructions. It's the same instructions that will come with the kit if you decide to order.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
New to the forum.
Belltech in the kit instructions says to cut the tailpipe.
What do you do to it the tailpipe after you cut it?
Would it be too close to the road if brought straight out under the bumper?
According to my measurement, it's a 2 3/4” pipe, can I put the accessory exhaust tip back on it?
Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just finished installing the Belltech kit. No major issues, but took me more time than I anticipated (day & 1/2). Stock everything else. Left one ring on front struts, for 2 1/2" front, with the 4" rear drop. Need to fab something for exhaust tailpipe. It now dumps on rear spring shackle. Got a 2 3/4" x 12" stainless exhaust tip to try. Rides fine, no issues. You do have to watch pinion angle when re-assembling rear end.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Colorado WT
17 Posts
Just finished installing the Belltech kit. No major issues, but took me more time than I anticipated (day & 1/2). Stock everything else. Left one ring on front struts, for 2 1/2" front, with the 4" rear drop. Need to fab something for exhaust tailpipe. It now dumps on rear spring shackle. Got a 2 3/4" x 12" stainless exhaust tip to try. Rides fine, no issues. You do have to watch pinion angle when re-assembling rear end.
This is the same exact truck I have, color and all. It looks really good lowered. I just may need to lower mine now.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
I'm happy to see more and more of these trucks lowered, keep them coming guys.

It should work on a 4x4 from a simple bolt on perspective, but there's a decent chance you'd have CV issues. Almost all 4x4 trucks have issues past 2in lowering in the front

·
Registered
2017 LWN CCLB Canyon
38 Posts
Super tempted to order one of these kits up with a wholesale hookup, but I fear for my front CV’s being 4WD.

I see ADP’s truck is a lowered 4WD, just messaged them to see how theirs is holding up. Anyone else here have their 4WD dropped, and if so are your front axles still loving life?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lowered mine a week ago. Full 3/4 drop. It would look goofy with anything but a 3" drop in the front. The only rub I get is on a hard up and down type bump at speed 60+ mph. It rubs at the top of the inner fender. Haven't had any issues with the back. Hooking the trailer up drops the rear ½" which does make the front higher, but not really noticable. I would like to find some kind of air ride helper bag or shock for when I'm hooked to the trailer just for aesthetics. I had the 20's on for a few weeks before so I got a good feel for the difference. The 20's actually rode smoother for the most part over the stock 17's. The drop kit adds a stiffer ride on some bad roads, but a stock like ride on everything else. It handles better around the turns and just looks like it should stock. I cut the exhaust a inch or so behind the last hanger. I thought about adding a piece of pipe to extend it to put the stock pipe back on, but I like the way it looks with no exhaust tip so I'll probably just put a short turndown.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lowered mine a week ago. Full 3/4 drop. It would look goofy with anything but a 3" drop in the front. The only rub I get is on a hard up and down type bump at speed 60+ mph. It rubs at the top of the inner fender. Haven't had any issues with the back. Hooking the trailer up drops the rear ½" which does make the front higher, but not really noticable. I would like to find some kind of air ride helper bag or shock for when I'm hooked to the trailer just for aesthetics. I had the 20's on for a few weeks before so I got a good feel for the difference. The 20's actually rode smoother for the most part over the stock 17's.
View attachment 390924

View attachment 390925

View attachment 390926
Having my 2019 Redline done this week using the belltech kit. I see the muffler Mod using the Summit parts. Has anyone else ran into probs with the exhuast and what did you do? Should I just order these same parts from Summit?
Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
WORDS OF CAUTION!!!

Put at least a turn down on the exhuast. I had planned to do this and didn't think that it was imperative that I had to do it right away. Come to find out after pulling my trailer on the highway at highway speeds (70+) the exhaust blew enough hot gasses to MELT THE BUMPER!!! 😲 This is almost 2 feet away from the exhaust!!! I took the piece that I cut off to make my turn down with a few simple cuts on the chop saw. I know my booger welds look hideous. Mind ya business.😂🤣😂

Hopefully my dumbass mistake saves someone $150 worth of cheap plastic.🤷🏻‍♂️

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

121 - 140 of 154 Posts